- Supervises, monitors and participates in service operations during an assigned shift to ensure quality and timeliness of service and adherence to various service standards; may include preparing work schedules for service staff
- Assists in service operations as necessary (i.e.: running food, taking orders, bussing tables) to provide superior guest service
- Employs established guest interaction practices including making table touches, responding to guest requests and questions, etc.
- Assists in training new service staff and/or in the on-going training of existing staff
- Addresses and resolves staff performance issues
- Conducts and/or participates in pre-shift meetings with staff
- Opens and/or closes the restaurant, using established checklists
- Performs server checkouts in accordance with established procedures
- Participates in guest outreach, communication and marketing efforts
- Participates in monthly inventory activities
- May be assigned specific purchasing responsibilities
- May participate in interviewing and hiring of hourly service staff
- Assists in general maintenance and upkeep of the restaurant and dining room equipment
ABOUT THE QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements include 2-3 years of prior management or supervisory experience in an upscale, fine dining setting. Must have strong food and beverage knowledge. Prior steak house experience preferred. Ideal candidates will also demonstrate:
- Good knowledge and skill in general steps of service
- Prior experience in training service staff
- Good working knowledge & skill in Word, Excel & Outlook
- Good working knowledge & skill in POS systems
Michael Jordan's Restaurant offers a competitive financial and benefits pacakge including medical and dental insturance, disability and life insurance, and a collaborative work environment where your contributions count!
Interested? We'd like to talk to you if you have the experience required and passion for providing a superb guest experience. Submit your resume, cover letter and salary history to this posting.
Performance Based Incentive Plan, Dining Discounts, Cell Phone Allowance, Medical & Dental Insurance
Classic Food / Wine Service
OpenTable or other