To see the full job description or to apply, please visit our Career Page at
The Kitchen is growing and we are seeking a Floor Manager/Beer & Wine Manager. We are looking for a person who is passionate about cultivating Community Through Food. You will be responsible for building a cohesive team, managing the daily operations of the restaurant, and creating an environment of fun, warm and relaxed hospitality. Candidates should have experience managing people, a strong background in wine, and great organizational skills. A minimum of 3 years managing a restaurant is encouraged. This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone who wishes to be part of a rapidly growing company with a people driven culture. Please only apply if you have a passion for taking care of others and inspiring teamwork.
The Floor Manager leads the successful day-to-day front of house (“FOH”) operations of the restaurant. He/she trains and develops staff, provides exceptional customer service, and maintains budgets set by the General Manager. When not busy fostering an excellent kitchen environment, training FOH staff, and managing daily operations, the Floor Manger is expected to assess what other tasks need to be completed, assign those tasks to staff and oversee their successful completion. The Floor Manger works alongside the General Manager to prepare for the General Manager role as his/her next position with the company.
In addition to following The Kitchen’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the FOH staff in the successful operation of service, embodying The Kitchen’s values and culture. Acting as General Manager when General Manager is not present in restaurant.
- Managing all FOH staff, directing work assignments and allocating tasks. Determining the systems to be used to maintain proper service standards. Providing training to FOH staff.
- Monitoring and encouraging development of staff skills. Enforcing company policies (as described in The Kitchen’s Employee Handbook), including policies relating to conduct of staff. Appraising FOH staff productivity and efficiency. Evaluating employee performance, providing feedback to employees and disciplining employees as necessary. Interviewing, selecting and recommending the hiring, firing, advancement and promotion of FOH staff. Ensuring employees are prepared for additional career opportunities.
- Creating a positive work environment for all FOH staff. Promoting cohesive teamwork between all employees. Receiving complaints or grievances from FOH staff and resolving disputes when they arise.
- Providing an extraordinary customer service experience by making good management decisions based on knowledge, training, and resources provided by The Kitchen.
-Supervising all FOH staff. Opening and closing The Kitchen. Managing service of The Kitchen approximately five shifts each week. Monitoring and implementing legal compliance measures for Department of Health regulations and The Kitchen policies.
- Communicating service standards, procedures and systems to FOH staff. Ensuring all staff is operating in strict accordance with The Kitchen recipes and standards. Preparing and sending daily reports at the end of each shift.
Liquor/wine purchasing, inventory management and bar management a plus.
Maintain The Kitchen's wine program in conjunction with the beverage director
Responsible for achieving financial targets with respect to wine sales.
Responsible for effective maintenance of inventory, invoices, and statements as they pertain to the wine program.
Contribution to the continuing education program.
Performing manager specific duties as assigned, including management of beer, liquor, and wine programs, scheduling and staff education. Communicating with Head Chef and/or Chef on Duty about all kitchen related issues, menu changes and updates relating to service. Controlling the flow of service. Dealing with guess complaints as necessary. Developing business management and accounting skills by training with General Manager. Liquor/wine purchasing, inventory management and bar management a plus.
The Kitchen offers a competitive benefit package to our full time employees!
Some benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Store Discount
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of The Kitchen Restaurant Group
The Kitchen Bistros carefully source quality, fresh, ingredients from farms and purveyors who our team has a direct relationship with both locally and nationally. The preparations are simple, clean, and focused. The menu features seasonal offerings that are crafted by our talented culinary team. The Kitchen features various signature items such as hand cut Garlic Fries, Tomato Soup, Mussels and Sticky Toffee Pudding. The Kitchen Bistro opened on Pearl Street in Boulder as the company's flagship restaurant and has since expanded to 16th Street in Denver, Old Town in Fort Collins, River North in Chicago and Shelby Farms Park in Memphis, Tenn. Please visit http://thekitchenbistros.com or visit us on Twitter and Instagram @TheKitchenBistros.