An Event Sales Manager is responsible for executing written sales agreements and the successful execution of such events in the restaurants continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Responsible for account management, sales prospecting and business development
• Initiate verbal and written communication with clients, inquiry to event completion in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
• Outline details and specifics of the event including, but not limited to payment structure, food and beverage
• Communicate minimums, additional fees, and restrictions in a friendly and professional manner
• Partner with restaurants operations departments to successfully execute events, coordinate reservation blocks, communication of food and beverage details, and outline all other details pertaining to the event
• Maximize revenues and control expenses through effective negotiation of services and accurate forecasting
• Maintain well-organized event & financial records, take deposits
• Monitor and report service satisfaction trends, address issues and make improvements accordingly
• Arrange site visits with clients
• Provide overall direction and coordination for successful execution of all BEO's generated
• Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Must be professional, polished, and articulate
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized, able to multitask and maintain excellent records
• Must be able to demonstrate passion and commitment at ownership level
• Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
• Strong creative skills to provide innovative set ups, menus, and functions for groups
• Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Excel and Word
• Extraordinary attention to detail, productive under pressure
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends, holidays) if deemed necessary to promote business or oversee events
• Knowledge of OpenTable, Triplseat, Micros or other software alike
• College Degree
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in event management
• Minimum 3+ years in hospitality at either a luxury hotel or restaurant group
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential job functions being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications.
Based on Experiance
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Maple & Ash
Maple & Ash is an innovative take on the traditional steakhouse—mixing modern aesthetic with authentic service to deliver classic wood- fired dishes. With a sumptuous menu crafted by two- Michelin- Star Chef Danny Grant and a 5,000 bottle wine program named one of “America’s Best” by Wine Enthusiast, Maple & Ash finds a way to celebrate every moment. It’s more than just a restaurant, it’s an experience.
We are a team of determined innovators who value hard work, loyalty and respect. We are a tight-knit family who shares everything. We laugh a lot (and sometimes cry), we are serious about having fun and we are just as serious about doing things the right way. We welcome change, challenges, and new ideas because we know that they will help us grow. We value honesty and being able to admit when we are wrong. Our standards are high and our goals are astronomical.