The Alinea Group seeks a full-time floor sommelier to join us in Chicago.
The ideal candidate is proactive, upbeat, thorough, team-oriented, and has an immaculate attention to detail.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Receive and stock wines and beer
- Determine and maintain pars for wine BTG and pairing selections
- Create and participate in staff wine tasting and educational opportunities
- Collaborate with wine and culinary teams on wine pairing selections
- Provide wine and beverage service as a Sommelier
- Participate in daily service
- 2+ years as a sommelier, server, or captain in a fine dining establishment
- Level 2 (+) certification through the Court of Master Sommeliers, or equivalent certification and/or corresponding knowledge/experience
- Available on the first of the month following full-time start date, partial company contribution towards premium cost
- Paid time off available to use after six months of full-time employment
The Alinea Group values diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, age, veteran status, life experiences and ideas. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and strive to provide an inclusive culture that embraces diversity.
Benefits, potential bonus
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings