Roots Handmade Pizza is growing and looking for friendly and caring Bartenders who enjoy being around people and working in a fast-paced environment with a supportive team. Roots Handmade Pizza is a fun, fast-paced environment with great food, craft beer, and a cool, neighborhood atmosphere. It’s a fun place to work and a great place to start a career too.
A Bartender will be in charge of his or her section behind the bar. Pouring craft beer and cocktails for guests and creating a lively environment for their guests.
- Greet and spiel guest at the bar in a warm & pleasant manner.
- Take beverage orders from guests and servers.
- High volume work experience is preferred.
- Answer questions about craft beer, food, food allergies, and cocktails.
- Write down orders and enter them correctly into the POS.
- Assist your barback and other staff members in clearing plates and silverware.
- Learn the names and personally recognize our regulars, while actively developing your own.
- Learn all of the ingredients in our food & drink menus.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the Restaurant's standard drink recipes.
- Knowledgeable with craft beers, and styles of beer.
- Must take and pass a BASSET and FOOD HANDLER test.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the register system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable).
- Prepare garnishes for drinks and replenish snacks, appetizers for bar patrons.
- Clear and reset tables in bar area.
- Must work well with others and maintain a professional work environment while having fun!
- Present drink menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests seated at the bar and at tables.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning,
- Operating the cash register, answering the phone, providing great customer service, and following Fifty/50 Restaurant Group policies & procedures
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
- At least 21 years old.
- Have a minimum of 1 years bartending experience
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently.
- Active social media presence
- Ability to work holidays, weekends, and late nights.
- Ability to work consistent schedule at least 4 days per week.
About the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group:
Formed in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is an independent company made up of hardworking, talented restaurant professionals. We have 11 restaurants with more on the way. We offer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, employee discounts, paid paternal leave, and plenty of other benefits and perks to qualified employees.
We appreciate talent and reward hard work. To learn more about our concepts, visit www.thefifty50group.com
Basic Floor Service
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food / Beverage Pairing
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bar / Lounge, Casual Dining
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
Roots is the brainchild of Greg Mohr and Scott Weiner, the duo behind Chicago’s Fifty/50 Restaurant Group. For over a decade, Greg and Scott moved up the ranks of several big-name restaurant groups. In 2008, they struck out on their own with their upscale sports-bar concept, The Fifty/50.
The Fifty/50 has been a roaring success. Crowds flood the place for its high-quality comfort food, irresponsibly low-priced bottle service, and premiere drink specials. The press freaks out over the food, the scene, the “40 oz. of the Week.”
With The Fifty/50’s unstoppable rise, Greg and Scott started thinking about their next big idea. Greg went right back to his Quad-Cities upbringing and the
one-of-a-kind pizza he devoured as a kid. As with any good idea, he put it up on Facebook to gauge reactions. His friends, family, and fans all but begged him to go with it.
And here it is. Authentic Quad Cities-style pizza. Pain-stakingly crafted comfort food made with fresh, local ingredients. House-made sodas and organic sweets for the kids. A Midwest-only beer list and late-night hours for the night owls. So come on in. Bring the kids. It’s a new Chicago tradition, and it’s damn good.