SUPERVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION
HAT’S OFF HOSPITALITY is hiring a Bar and Floor SUPERVISOR for our DINING ROOM team!
3 years of Restaurant experience as a Server or Bartender in a high-end place required.
Passion. Growth. Careers.
Join the Hat’s Off Hospitality Team. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
Is this you?
- You take care of yourself. (Energy and stamina. You’ll need both.)
- You care for others. (Teamwork and success. They are one and the same.)
- You care about guests. (Quality. The bar is high.)
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
Availability Needed: Full Time
Responsible for the supervision of store operations, Beverage program and maintaining the highest standards of product, guest service and cleanliness. Refers all employee issues directly to General Manager.
- Development of Beverage program. ( All recipes become property of HOH).
- Inventory for Bar.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Get along with others and be a team player
- Be proficient in all job functions and workstations including but not limited to prep, line cook, receiver, counter person and dishwasher job descriptions
- Oversee running of shifts when the General Manager is not on the premises; lead by example and promote teamwork among co-workers and employees
- Be genuinely committed to ensuring that the overall guest experience exceeds expectations, including greeting guests with a warm, sincere smile and anticipating their needs
- Respond to guest needs with patience and courtesy; use tact and good judgment when dealing with guest challenges and report them to management immediately
- Understand and respond knowledgeably to questions about the restaurant and menu; provide samples to guests; use sales techniques and present and encourage current promotions to guests
- Assist managers with execution and follow-up of all new hire paperwork, training, performance reviews, and recognition programs; understand and practice company philosophies of basic employee relations and guest relations
- Interact with, direct, support and train/develop employees in a fair and dignified manner; enforce company policies and procedures in a consistent manner
- Assist GM in creating prep list station based on expected business level for shift
- Monitor and maintain food quality standards including consistency and presentation
- Accurately record and account for all items ordered, process payment from guests, and account for and balance all sales and receipts at the end of the shift
- Assist with maintaining and/or updating restaurant’s “zoning” procedures
- Comprehend and perform product ordering/cost controls, bank pairing, cashouts, change orders, deposits, etc.; process invoices including coding and inputting
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation (including handwashing) guidelines and procedures
- Be proficient in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment, including the Point of Sale system, Frequent Diner and Gift Certificate terminals, and credit card terminals
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Perform more than one task at a time, calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature level
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces
- Accessibility varies by location
Paid vacation after one year, discount on food at restaurant.
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
WHO WE ARE
Hats Off Hospitality was created in 2014 by a team of restaurant professionals that truly love what they do and work well while doing it. The company was pioneered by a group whose mission is to bring more creative and successful hospitality establishments to the city. We love teamwork and collaboration with our partners.
HOH is rapidly blossoming into one of Chicago’s premier hospitality consulting firms. Their team delivers results through lasting relationships, while assisting, and driving the development of chef-driven restaurants and other unique concepts not only in Chicago, but both nation-wide and internationally.
WHAT WE DO
Our end goal is to deliver people who dream, all of the successes, profits and joys of owning and operating a thriving champion in the hospitality industry. Our team is comprised of individuals with decades of specialized experience, but more importantly, we have an ingrained passion of doing what we love. Because of this, we do it right. We are poised to produce results that are creative, cost effective, and driven by good people. We work hard, and we have fun while doing it. Above all, we listen to people, because making their dreams reality, truly is the ultimate reward.
WHAT WE SPECIALIZE IN:
FOOD SAFETY AUDITS
BRANDING AND MARKETING
OPERATIONAL SYSTEMS AND SERVICES