Job Title: Host
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non Exempt
Graciously greets and informs guests of Eataly instructions upon arrival. Escorts them to their table, provides menus to them once seated, and informs guests of name of their assigned server. Manages special seating requests of guests consistent with table availability. Maintains an accurate, fair, and up to date waitlist. Notify guests when their table is ready. Adjust the waitlist and patron seating flow in such a manner as to balance customers among the various service stations. Relays messages to managers, servers and bus persons as appropriate. Assists with the duties of servers and bus persons as needed to maintain service effectiveness and efficiency. Manages reservations in restaurants that take reservations.
As an ambassador of Eataly products and services, the Host is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities) Description
1. Graciously greets guests upon their arrival. May have to inform guests how Eataly works.
2. Escorts guest to their seats, provides menus to guests, and informs them of the name of their server.
3. Maintains an accurate, fair, and up to date waitlist and seating chart. Informs guests when their table is ready.
4. Oversees the general functioning of the dining room during the meal service period, relaying information to managers and service personnel, requesting feedback from guests as to their satisfaction, making adjustments when and where necessary.
5. Takes and manages reservations in restaurants that allow reservations.
6. Assists with the duties of servers and bus persons, such as securing a food or beverage item for a patron, resetting a table for reuse, etc., as the customer traffic flow allows, ensuring the maintenance of foodservice effectiveness and efficiency.
7. Balance the customer flow among the service stations, taking into account requests for a particular table or server, depending on availability.
8. Use a computerized seating chart application and may use an I-Pad version of the seating chart.
9. Adheres to all company and department procedures, policies, expectations and quality standards.
Sufficient exposure, generally a minimum of one year in the aggregate as a server or host a high-volume NYC restaurant. Must have basic computer skills.
High school graduate or equivalent desired.
Must be able to exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to four hours in length. Must have the ability to lift trays, soiled dish bins, etc., of up to 40 pounds in weight. Must be able to communicate clearly with guests and other employees.
Ability to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service.
Tools or Equipment Used
Computerized seating chart, reservation log, waitlist, and I-Pad.
Reports to Restaurant Manager.
Competitive Health, Dental, Vision Benefits, Employee Perks and Discounts Programs, 401K Options and Paid Time Off.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Eataly USA
Eataly is the largest artisanal Italian food and wine marketplace in the world! With various restaurants, our market sells the same quality products used by our chefs: cured meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, handmade pasta, pastries, coffee and tea, as well as dried pastas, sauces and olive oil. A cooking school, bookstore, housewares and beauty section makes it even easier to bring Italy home!
Here at Eataly, we have dedicated our daily lives to promoting a real understanding of high-quality food and drink. How lucky are we that we get to do what we love?
We encourage a culture of curiosity, passion, harmony, fun and honesty: Curiosity and passion for our products, services, guests and experiences; harmony between guests and staff and also amongst team members and finally, harmony on the plate (pairing simple regional food with complementary wines and beverages); and lastly, we place a daily emphasis on creating fun and honest interchanges with our guests and amongst our staff.
We seek service-minded, talented, and innovative individuals who can help us continue to offer our high standard of quality service. If you believe that by making healthier happier food choices, we will all reap many benefits both for our bodies and our minds and you find enjoyment in sharing your knowledge and your positive people skills with others in order to create quality experiences for our guests, we encourage you to apply.
Eataly offers exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills and reward your contributions in an atmosphere that encourages both personal and professional growth for all.
Additionally, Eataly offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.