The General Manager of LSD at CAA is ultimately the caretaker of staff, service, and guests. This position uses all available information and experience to help coach our staff and fine tune operations. The General Manager motivates staff to a higher level of service and sales. Land and Sea Dept. expects the current level of hospitality and knowledge to continue and, ideally, flourish with the right guidance.
The General Manager will work in a close partnership with the Director of Outlets to oversee budgets, labor, and other sales and service related tangibles. We encourage the oversight of restaurant operations and suggestions for how we can better function.
We have set goals for labor and for comps. Our General Manager will work to achieve and maintain these goals with the Director of Outlets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently provide a quality product and customer service experience
- Curate our guest experience by representing us as an ambassador and host
- Welcome, recognize, and identify guests as appropriate and able
- Monitor guest appreciation as per gifts (comps) to agreed upon %
- Maximize financial performance and profit through coordination with Director of Outlets
- Retain (and teach) thorough knowledge of menu and beverage offerings
- Partner with Executive Chef, Wine and Beverage Directors to implement specials or event related products
- Monitor overall condition of property; work to ensure deficiencies are repaired in a timely fashion
- Uphold company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees
- Ensure all employees are trained, motivated and empowered to deliver our style of service
- Recruit, hire and develop employees that possess a positive attitude and values that align with our identity
- Continuously improve the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees to maintain a fun, warm and contemporary culture
- Serve as a role model and set a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management
- Effectively utilize and create training programs from new employee orientation up to and including management training classes
- Prepare qualified employees for promotion to the next position and continually develop all employees to improve performance; create a culture that promotes from within
- Evaluate each employee’s performance based on communicated standards and expectations
- Hold the employees accountable for performance
- Utilize labor effectively to meet budgets
- Enforce all labor laws (federal, state and local)
- Follow procedures to maintain the safety and security of all employees, customers and company assets (building, cash, equipment, supplies)
- May perform additional duties as assigned
Paid Time Off, Subsidized Healthcare, Incentive Programs
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Food / Wine Service
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Land and Sea Dept.
Located on Michigan Avenue across from Millennium Park, the newly restored Chicago Athletic Association will celebrate its high-spirited, social club atmosphere, and sports-driven heritage amid outstanding restaurants, bars and lounges. Originally designed by prominent architect Henry Ives Cobb in 1893, the Venetian Gothic 250-foot tower, deemed a Chicago landmark, was designed to give the Chicago Athletic Association a distinctive identity when viewed from the lakefront by visitors of Chicago World’s Fair. The hotel’s restoration has taken extra care to keep elements of the building’s late 19th century architectural details intact and create a contemporary atmosphere that pays homage to Cobb’s original design. From colossal fireplaces with extraordinary bas-relief woodcarvings, 19th Century stained glass windows and ornate marble staircases, the Chicago Athletic Association parallels the narrative of American cultures and aesthetics. Land and Sea Department will be responsible for the food and beverage areas located on the second floor.