Coordinates front of house food service activities of Eataly’s restaurants. Schedules and manages front of house employees, requisitions or purchases supplies and equipment. Confers with food preparation and other personnel from the dining room and bar to plan dining room activities. Oversees cleaning and maintenance of equipment and facilities, and ensures that all health and safety regulations are adhered to. Documents, investigates and resolves all employee and guest incidents including guest complaints and directs escalated issues to the appropriate outlet.
As an ambassador of Eataly products and services, the Restaurant Floor Manager is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities) Description
1. Periodically meets with dining room and bar personnel to plan restaurant activities, special events, share information, etc.
2. Estimates front of house food and beverage needs, and requisitions or purchases supplies, beverages, and equipment. Receives and checks orders to ensure that they adhere to specifications.
3. Supervises inventories, and estimates food and beverage costs. Uses a computer to facilitate collection and analysis of information.
4. Supervises cleaning and maintenance of equipment, and arranges for repairs, contracts, and other services.
5. Directs hiring, assignment, training, motivation, evaluation and termination of personnel.
6. Documents, investigates and resolves all employee and guest incidents including guest complaints and directs escalated issues to the appropriate outlet.
7. Inspects dining room and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
8. May review financial information such as sales and costs, and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation and that expenditure stay within budget limitations. Takes action to correct any deviations from the budget. May use computer for review and analysis of information.
Two year associate’s degree or a bachelor’s degree from a four year college desirable. Experience supervising a front-of-house restaurant team is strongly preferred.
Degree from a post-secondary restaurant management or hospitality program is desirable.
Must be able to exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to four hours in length and have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Tools or Equipment Used
Reports to the General Manager of Restaurants and Assistant General Manager. Manages servers, hosts, runners, bussers, bartenders, bar backs, and front of house support staff.
Competitive Health, Dental, Vision Benefits, Employee Perks and Discounts Programs, 401K Options and Paid Time Off.
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Regional Expertise - Italy
Classic Food / Wine Service
Event Management / Organization
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Eataly USA
Eataly is the largest artisanal Italian food and wine marketplace in the world! With various restaurants, our market sells the same quality products used by our chefs: cured meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, handmade pasta, pastries, coffee and tea, as well as dried pastas, sauces and olive oil. A cooking school, bookstore, housewares and beauty section makes it even easier to bring Italy home!
Here at Eataly, we have dedicated our daily lives to promoting a real understanding of high-quality food and drink. How lucky are we that we get to do what we love?
We encourage a culture of curiosity, passion, harmony, fun and honesty: Curiosity and passion for our products, services, guests and experiences; harmony between guests and staff and also amongst team members and finally, harmony on the plate (pairing simple regional food with complementary wines and beverages); and lastly, we place a daily emphasis on creating fun and honest interchanges with our guests and amongst our staff.
We seek service-minded, talented, and innovative individuals who can help us continue to offer our high standard of quality service. If you believe that by making healthier happier food choices, we will all reap many benefits both for our bodies and our minds and you find enjoyment in sharing your knowledge and your positive people skills with others in order to create quality experiences for our guests, we encourage you to apply.
Eataly offers exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills and reward your contributions in an atmosphere that encourages both personal and professional growth for all.
Additionally, Eataly offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.