Alinea Restaurant seeks reliable food runners with strong work ethic and poise who consider hospitality their career.
Responsibilities of the Role:
• Work under the direction of our managers and chefs
• Effectively pass information from kitchen to the service team
• Learn every dish thoroughly
• 40-50 hours per week
• $14-$15 per hour, depending on experience
• Medical, vision, dental and life benefits available on the 1st of the month after full-time hire date
• 50% company contribution to single HMO medical, vision, dental and life coverage, during the first 2 years of full-time employment.
• 100% company contribution to single HMO medical plan, vision, dental and life after 2 years of full-time employment.
• Paid time off available to use after 6 months of full-time employment
Steps to Apply:
• Send your resume
• Schedule working interview (paid minimum wage)
The Alinea Group values diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, age, veteran status, life experiences and ideas. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and strive to provide an inclusive culture that embraces diversity.
Based on experience, Benefits available
Part of The Alinea Group
Alinea was founded in 2005 by Chef Grant Achatz and Nick Kokonas.
Featuring a single, seasonally driven tasting menu of between 18 and 22 courses, the experience of dining at Alinea is not only delicious, but also fun, emotional, and provocative.
Alinea has been universally praised for its innovative approach to modernist cuisine. It has three times been named the Best Restaurant in America and is the only restaurant in Chicago, and one of only 12 in the U.S., to earn the coveted Michelin 3-Star rating. It has also won the James Beard Award for Best Service in the United States.