The Betty is seeking an experienced PM line cook with a positive, hard working attitude. Our cuisine is ingredient and flavor focused with a global palette in an upscale – casual setting. We are seeking above average cooks and pay accordingly. We strive to make sure everything that comes out of the kitchen is great and hope you feel the same. We are closed on Sundays, offer in-group discounts, staff meal & health insurance to full-time employees.
Job Details & Requirements:
- 1 year of restaurant line experience
- Strong knife skills & excels at basic cooking techniques
- Works quickly and neatly while being able to multitask multiple projects at once
- Detail oriented and able to follow recipes closely
- Strong communication skills, asking questions to make sure the proper procedures are followed
- Dependable, teamwork oriented and positive attitude
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your availability to stage with us in the evening and a copy of your current resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Competitive pay based on experience, benefits for full time employees, staff meal, in-group discounts.
Advanced Knife Handling
Food Handlers Certificate
General knife handling
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bar / Lounge
The Betty is a neighborhood gathering place located within the Fulton Market District of the West Loop. A dining destination of all sorts, many drop in for a nice weekday dinner in their neighborhood on the patio, others come to The Betty for a planned, celebratory night out. Whatever their reasons, everybody enjoys The Betty for its diverse culinary offerings prepared by executive chef Rachel Dow, and its thoughtfully-curated beverage program, maintained by Peter Vestinos.