Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread & Wine is a European-inspired neighborhood cheese, specialty food and wine shop offering the highest quality, cut-to-order domestic and international specialty cheeses, freshly baked breads, perfectly chosen accompaniments and small production wines, along with hand-crafted, cheese loving beers.
Over time we have become known for our unique and delicious sandwiches, salads, artisan catering trays and beautiful gift baskets, all using the highest quality ingredients we sell in our store. We are seeking a Catering Manager to add to our team.
Our Catering Manager is an exempt, salaried employee responsible for managing Pastoral’s catering and bulk gifting lines of business. The Catering Manager reports to the Senior Manager of Marketing & Sales.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate catering execution with existing catering partners
- Proactively seek out new business for Pastoral’s turnkey catering trays and custom catering trays from existing markets while identifying new channels for profitable growth
- Develop long-term relationships with local businesses and individuals to maximize repeat clients; handle large or complicated orders from individuals or businesses
- Establish long-term relationships with businesses; create cross promotion between catering, events and gifting clients to maximize long term value
- Promote restaurant spaces for private buy-out events
- Assist with product development; create/update menu items with regard to functionality and the general look and feel our customers are seeking
- Seasonally organize a mass mailing of gift catalogs to corporations and individuals.
- Develop bulk gifting programs during the holidays as well as throughout the year
- Communicate product needs to purchasing team; coordinate order fulfillment with holiday fulfillment team during the holiday gifting season
- Communicate regularly with Store Operations Managers to ensure daily catering orders are being managed and fulfilled promptly; assist in stores when necessary
- Track sales across all lines of business, analyze and report sales numbers to Senior Manager of Marketing & Sales; prepare yearly budget and forecasting for catering, events and bulk gifting sales
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years related experience and/or training a retail or hospitality services environment
- Superior project management skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, and building and growing a strong business.
- Ability to communicate (listening, verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of the client and support staff.
- Maintain high standards of customer service with external clients and Pastoral staff
- Familiar with inventory cost control, and menu costing and planning
Other jobs you might be interested in
Corporate Catering, Event Catering, Cheese Store, Retailer, Specialty Grocer, Wine Store