To provide distinctive high quality food and beverage related services on behalf of Culinaire International. Strive to create team oriented and safe work environment with fellow staff and associates while providing our guest with first class service.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety codes and policies.
- Communicate effectively with peers, supervisor and subordinates
- Exhibit a positive, enthusiastic attitude committed to a teamwork effort.
- Assume all duties and responsibilities, as assigned by department head.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, all items covered in the Culinaire International Associates Handbook.
- Adhere to alcohol portion control standard, as established by Culinaire International.
- Responsible for prompt service of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Must follow specific job duties in opening/closing and side duties.
- Thorough knowledge of beverage menu descriptions, abbreviations, drinks and mixed recipes.
- Preparation and maintenance of stock and bar.
- Attention to customers in a professional, and proficient manner.
- Excellent awareness of job-related safety hazards, and knowledge with proper safety and processes procedures.
- Maintain workstation in compliance with health and sanitation codes.
- Responsible for accounting and collection of payment (or tickets) for products and services rendered, where applicable.
- Adhere to, and enforce, ABC laws and requirements.
- Responsible for channeling any customer complaints to manager.
- Exceptional customers service expressed in a professional manner, to the degree of which our guests are always satisfied
- Inform department head of comments related to quality and service from guests.
- Perform any and all tasks as assigned by any member of management.
- Must have previous bartending experience in a similar facility or successfully completed a certified bartending school.
- Must be ABC certified.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol.
- Must be mature and responsible.
- Must present a neat, professional, well-groomed appearance.
- Must speak, read, write and understand fluent English.
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment.
- Must be committed to excellent customer service.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (i.e. weekends, evenings, and holidays).
- Must be pleasant, outgoing and attentive.
- Must be able to lift up to fifty, (50) pounds.
- Must be able to push/pull up to fifty, (50) pounds.
- Must be able to stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, reach, and handle easily and skillfully.
- Must perform routine work with repetitive motions.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and maintain a high level of energy.
- Must be multi-tasked oriented.
- Must be able to perform the four (4) basic arithmetic operations (addition; subtraction; multiplication; division.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers skillfully and easily.
- Must perform with minimum supervision.
Must posses and practice interpersonal communicating skills.
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Upscale Casual, Event Catering
Marisol, the MCA Chicago's new restaurant, re-imagines the
relationship of art, food, and design, in a unique artist-created
environment. Chef Jason Hammel presents an ever-changing, hyper-seasonal menu filled with vibrant, playful, and contemporary flavors that match its surroundings. Named for its muse Marisol, the spirited 1960s French/Venezuelan artist, and inspired by renowned artist Chris Ofili's immersive art environment, the new restaurant is a welcoming place to meet and dine, or just plug-in. This lively neighborhood restaurant features lunch, and dinner daily, as well as weekend brunch, in a shared plates format. The beverage program includes a large selection of food-friendly natural wines along with one of Chicago's deepest vermouth and aperitif lists, complementing the lighter palette. Marisol opens in the summer of 2017 on the street level of the MCA.
CULINAIRE is a privately held food and beverage management company based in Texas and operating in multiple states. We are proud of our diverse collection of distinguished accounts where we operate restaurants and provide upscale catering services. We custom tailor our services to address each facility’s particular needs and add value for our clients by maintaining a distinctively high level of quality in our cuisine and service.