If you feel you meet the below requirements, are a team player, experienced, passionate, and dedicated to your craft, we want to hear from you!
* Flexible. This is of utmost importance, as the restaurant industry can be very unpredictable. Be willing to do what is asked of you if it benefits the Group as a whole, even if it isn’t exactly outlined in the job description or your expected schedule.
* Positive, Personable, and Open-minded. As we all work closely together, we always want to bring positive energy to the group.
* Hard-working and Self-motivated. There may not be supervision or direction available at all times, so we expect you to maintain high standards for yourself without needing to be told.
* Punctual and Responsible. We hold each other accountable to follow through on all commitments with a sense of urgency.
* Hospitable: We are known for exceptional customer service in all of our pursuits, and it is your job to uphold these high standards, and to find ways to go above and beyond the client's expectations.
* Problem Solving. Should any problems arise in any facet of your work, you should be able to identify the problem and offer thoughtful, achievable, and appropriate solutions.
* Task Prioritization, Multitasking, and Attention to Detail. We work in an extremely fast-paced environment and many aspects of our careers require quick thinking and the ability to manage many things at once. Having the ability to prioritize the many tasks you are responsible and complete them in order of importance and with keen attention to detail on all aspects is key.
* Professional Communication. It is important to clearly, politely, directly and effectively communicate with your staff, fellow managers, corporate management, and guests.
* Ambition and Self Awareness. We look for employees who know their self-worth and are excited about their career day in and day out. It is important to continually push yourself forward by constantly learning, seeking to improve, and never resting on your laurels. It is also important that you are able to receive feedback—both positive and constructive criticism—in order to succeed, grow, and develop within your roll and continue to move forward within the company.
* Accountability and Consistency. It is important to be accountable for your actions and to hold others accountable for theirs. As a manager, you lead by example, and being punctual, responsible, and consistent with your work ethic and personality will ensure success for you and your team.
* Ambassador of BRG. Perhaps most importantly, we expect all staff of Boka Restaurant Group, regardless of position, to be professional, courteous, and respectful of all other restaurants in the industry. As a Boka Restaurant Group employee, be mindful of your actions in public and know that you are representing our brand whether you’re on the clock or not.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Boka Restaurant Group
GT Fish & Oyster opened its doors in 2010. The seafood focused menu by Giuseppe Tentori is a combination of 50% modern dishes and 50% traditional dishes all served as sharable. The space, put together by renowned designers 555, was inspired by what principal Karen Herold calls “part James Bond’s yacht, part New England Cottage.” One of the most difficult reservations to get in Chicago, the 90 seat GT boasts a massive 22 seat bar, a “boomerang” table that seats 12 and a 4 seat oyster bar. Giuseppe Tentori was named Chef of the Year for his work at GT Fish & Oyster by Chicago Social, and Chicago Tribune named GT Fish & Oyster one of the outstanding restaurants of 2012.