We’re seeking servers to help create outstanding culinary experiences for residents and guests in the multiple restaurants within our senior living residence. As a server, you’ll be responsible for providing pleasurable dining experiences by ensuring professional and timely service according to established dining standards. You will ensure the accuracy of food orders, and serve meals in a safe, sanitary, and timely manner. You’ll also complete related tasks including side work; demonstrate a positive, respectful, and professional team approach; and communicate effectively with residents and staff.
We have full-time and part-time opportunities for shifts covering breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekends.
About The Mather:
The Mather is a Life Plan Community for those age 62 and better. Our staff of professionals is committed to providing excellent service and a warm atmosphere for residents, visitors, and staff. The Mather is in Evanston, Illinois, close to downtown and public transportation. The Mather includes 240 independent living apartment homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and rehabilitation services, along with multiple restaurants, a fitness center, art studio, gardens, and more.
The Mather, located at 425 Davis Street in Evanston.
What We Offer:
Mather LifeWays offers a competitive benefits package* that goes above and beyond. Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- 401(k) program with strong employer match
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days, sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- Medical benefits with HMO and PPO options
- Optional dental HMO or PPO insurance
- Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
- Employee wellness programs, including free annual wellness screening
- Learning to Age Well Program – employees can be reimbursed up to $130 per year for completion of classes such as music lessons, yoga, or foreign language classes
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance – 100% coverage by Mather LifeWays
- 501(c)3 public student loan forgiveness program
- Convenient subsidized parking or public transportation for certain locations
- Employee meals (free or discounted)
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefit details dependent on employment status.
Expectations of Mather LifeWays Employees:
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with residents, customers, and coworkers
- The ability to learn new tasks and information and apply to serving others
- A commitment to delivering on responsibilities
- Reliability, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
About Mather LifeWays:
Based in Evanston, Illinois, Mather LifeWays is a unique, non-denominational not-for-profit organization founded in 1941. Dedicated to developing and implementing Ways to Age Well, we create programs, places, and residences for today’s young-at-heart older adults. These include senior living residences (The Mather, Mather Place, and Splendido); a variety of community-based initiatives; and Mather LifeWays Institute on Aging, a resource for research and information about aging, trends and innovations in aging services, and more.
Mather LifeWays values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “Chicago’s Top Workplaces" by the Chicago Tribune for four years in a row, and have been recognized as Illinois’ Healthiest Midsize Employer.
Mather LifeWays is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment. Please do not state "Refer to resume."
Other jobs you might be interested in
The Mather is an upscale continuing care retirement community located near downtown Evanston, IL. The Mather has 7 different dining venues, all contributing to a fine-dining atmosphere for over 350 residents.
At Mather LifeWays, we've spent more than 70 years learning about how to make the adventure of aging better. We've listened to people in our residences and in the community, and we've conducted extensive research.
Who is Mather LifeWays?
Mather LifeWays is a unique not-for-profit organization. We enhance the lives of older adults through lifestyle and residential alternatives that create Ways to Age Well.