Chef Bob Truitt Mexico City-native Daniel Ortiz de Montellano and Michelin Star winning beverage director Meaghan Montagano; will bring the bold flavors of Mexico to Brooklyn with the opening of this Williamsburg restaurant and bar. With a focus on regional cuisine from Mexico, Casa Pública will offer a menu that blends traditional Mexican home cooking with dishes found in the country's mercados, served in a festive, communal environment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate, and knowledgeable managers, bartenders, bar backs, servers, back waiters and food runners to join our team at Casa Publica. Candidates must have a genuine appreciation for the hospitality business and a sincere desire to make guests feel special and welcome. Past experience working in a high volume restaurants will be beneficial for these job roles. As a member of the Casa Publica team, you are an ambassador of the brand. You are passionate about your role and always curious about how to make a guest's experience memorable.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.*
We look forward to hearing from you
The Assistant General Manager/Floor Mangers will work closely with the GM and chef to create and maintain a professional restaurant culture. We want to provide a learning environment for our staff to grow and become more familiar with Mexican cuisine. Should have a genuine interest in Mexican cuisine/culture.
· Strong Leadership skills specifically instilling the Casa Publica's values while motivating and empowering your team.
· Must have the ability to take ownership of the role and work with minimal supervision.
· Oversee training of Front of House staff.
· Uphold the highest standards and "lead by example" those standards to the staff.
· Ability to follow established procedures and checklists for opening and closing the restaurant.
· Complete all restaurant paperwork in a timely and accurate manner including but not limited to bank deposits, employment forms and daily sheets.
· Minimum 2 years of experience as a Manager or Assistant General Manager in a high volume, full service restaurant.
· Thorough Service Standards, clean work habits with the highest attention to detail.
· Experience doing liquor and wine inventory
· Health Department Certification
· Professional demeanor with the ability to oversee both front and back of house.
· Proven ability to lead a staff and positively influence employee behavior.
· Must have excellent verbal communication skills and have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
· Minimum 1 year of bartending experience
· Bilingual (English and Spanish)
· Computer Savvy (Word/Excel, social media content, printer)
Paid training , hourly based on experience
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings
Profit & Loss Management
Other jobs you might be interested in