Chef Bob Truitt Mexico City-native Daniel Ortiz de Montellano and Michelin Star winning beverage director Meaghan Montagano; will bring the bold flavors of Mexico to Brooklyn with the opening of this Williamsburg restaurant and bar. With a focus on regional cuisine from Mexico, Casa Pública will offer a menu that blends traditional Mexican home cooking with dishes found in the country's mercados, served in a festive, communal environment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate, and knowledgeable managers, bartenders, bar backs, servers, back waiters and food runners to join our team at Casa Publica. Candidates must have a genuine appreciation for the hospitality business and a sincere desire to make guests feel special and welcome. Past experience working in a high volume restaurants will be beneficial for these job roles. As a member of the Casa Publica team, you are an ambassador of the brand. You are passionate about your role and always curious about how to make a guest's experience memorable.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.*
We look forward to hearing from you
• Must have minimum 2 years of relevant New York City experience.
• Must have full availability, including holidays and weekends
• Michelin Star experience and training PREFERRED
• Coffee and barista experience REQUIRED
• Work in a high-volume, fast paced, service-oriented environment with a positive attitude.
• Ensure all steps of service are executed.
• Anticipate needs with genuine hospitality.
• Maintain poise, style and a polished floor etiquette with strong communication skills.
• Maintain a neat, clean and organized workplace.
• Adhere to company standards, procedures and protocols.
• Continue to refine understanding of our clientele
• To deliver excellence in customer service, remember that service matters most
• Perform opening and closing procedures including but not limited to the set up and break down of stations, cleaning tables and checking tables before service is provided.
• Perform accurate cash/credit handling and POS procedures in accordance with Company policies and procedures
• Up sell food and beverage menu items.
• Must retain and maintain complete knowledge of all food and beverage menu items
• Provide friendly, courteous and professional service to all internal and external customers/guests, at all times.
• Invite and welcome guests back upon completion of their visit
• Perform all sequence of service duties in adherence to all company standards
• Must have the ability to carry large trays of drinks and food and have the ability to organize multiple orders
• Performs accurate cash/credit handling and POS procedures in accordance with Casa Publica policies
• Maintain a spotless, pristine work environment
• Develop relationships with guests in order to provide personalized service
•Assure the proper handling of VIP's, recognizes repeat guests and protect their privacy and confidentiality
• Handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible. Responds to guests' requests in an accurate and timely manner, creating a positive outcome that will result in a memorable experience
• Ability to take direction
• Ability to work in a team environment and must be a team player
• Ability to work calmly, quickly and effectively under pressure
Paid training, hourly plus tips
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings
Classic Food / Wine Service
Other jobs you might be interested in