Two Roads Hospitality is currently seeking a Restaurant Operations Manager for Cindy's restaurant + lounge to join our team at Chicago Athletic Association, a beautifully restored historic property in the heart of Chicago.
Previously home to an elite athletic and social club, one of Chicago’s most beloved landmarks from the 1890’s is reborn as a bustling hotel playground, featuring a variety of iconic and unique restaurant and nightlife destinations, all in the heart of downtown. More than a restoration, Chicago Athletic Association is a revelation of historic architectural detail, from the grand marble staircases to the incomparable Cindy’s Rooftop, showcasing creative food and drink with unmatched views across Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
As a member of our restaurant leadership team, you will be responsible for daily shift leadership and oversight of Cindy’s Rooftop, a high volume rooftop restaurant and bar serving lunch, dinner and late-night seven days per week (brunch on Saturdays and Sundays). Responsible for the overall guest satisfaction of all guests, including walk-in, bar, standing room and terrace guests, as well as table reservations and meal service guests. Will also assist with preparation and execution of private events hosted in private dining and reception areas of the venue during assigned shifts. Daily shift oversight includes all Servers, Bussers, Food Runners, Hosts/Hostesses, Bartenders and Barbacks.
To be qualified for this position you will meet the following expectations:
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Restaurant Management or Sales & Marketing preferred.
• Minimum 1 year experience in Food & Beverage management required, preferably in a high volume restaurant or lounge. Experience in a full-service boutique or luxury hotel environment requiring in-depth interaction with guests preferred.
• Prior experience using Microsoft Office required. Experience with web-based Outlook 365 helpful.
• Must display ability to work with general computer operations, including reservations software (Reserve) and Point-of-Sales (MICROS).
• Experience with web-based communication programs helpful.
• Must be able to communicate professionally in English, both written and verbal.
• Prior experience demonstrating abilities to communicate with discretion, tact and diplomacy required.
• Conversational abilities in other languages helpful.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. and be able to move throughout crowded restaurant and bar areas.
• Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests’ interests and needs are always primary.
• Must be available to work all shifts as business demands dictate, including: daytime, evenings, late-night, weekends and holidays
Who is Two Roads Hospitality? IN 2016, DESTINATION AND COMMUNE STARTED A NEW JOURNEY TOGETHER. We set off to create the most extraordinary independent hospitality company in the world. By combining two brands that embody freedom and discovery, we have assembled an unrivaled collection of unique properties, passionate people, and remarkable experiences from across the globe. No other company can lead this journey and feed the endless curiosity of today’s fiercely individual traveler. We are in the business of individuality. It’s the hallmark of our entire portfolio, running through all of our collections and each one of our properties. It describes every guest, owner, and team member. And it’s the center line down the road we are on. We don’t know where the next fork in the road will take us, but we do know we’ll enjoy the journey. We welcome you to join us!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability insurance; paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays; lodging and restaurant discounts!
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings
Other jobs you might be interested in
Casual Dining, Bar / Lounge
The jewel in the crown of The Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, Cindy's is our rooftop restaurant and open-air terrace with panoramic views of Millennium Park, the Art Institute, Lake Michigan, and beyond.
Created out of thin air, the aery gives contrast to the Association’s history as a men’s club, yet carries an unmistakable look of having always been here.
With seasonal freshness reflected in both food and drink, the rooftop dons the relaxed ambiance of a Great Lakes beach house with a view. Executive Chef Christian Ragano, creator of Glencoe’s much loved Guildhall, and former Chef de Cuisine at NoMi, joins forces with renowned Spirit Guide and alumni of The Violet Hour, Nandini Khaund, to bring classic comfort and culinary invention via large format style dining over cocktails and apothecaries.
Open for lunch, dinner, cocktails and weekend brunch.