Required Years of Experience
Mattos Hospitality is seeking a reservationist for our corporate office. Please note that open availability is required including weekends and evenings until 11pm.
Primary responsibilities include:
- As the first point of contact, setting the tone for the entire guest experience, ensuring all guests receive welcoming and professional service
- Handling incoming guest queries and reservation requests via email and multiple phone lines in a courteous and efficient manner
- Using Resy in order to make reservations and organize floor plans
- Having a working knowledge of how to manipulate the book to maximize cover counts
- Responding positively and promptly to customer concerns and complaints
- Coordinating with the restaurant staff on reservation and guest notes and requests, and assists the team with guest recognition
- Communicating with guests in order to confirm reservations and assist with special requests
- Supporting with large party bookings and some event queries
- Performing other light administrative work as needed
- Minimum of one year experience in a host, Maitre'd, and/or reservations position in NYC restaurants
- Experience working with Resy
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Microsoft word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Team player attitude
- Flexible availability
- Understanding that we require a positive and respectful attitude in the workplace.
- Understand and strive to behave in a way that is in line with the company’s values of respect, excellence, transparency, and resilience. The full definition of these values is in our company handbook.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full time employees
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Discounted Gym Membership
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Mattos Hospitality reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Mattos Hospitality or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
We are an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Compensation: Hourly ($23.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Mattos Hospitality
At Mattos Hospitality our purpose is to create memorable and joyful experiences for our community through commitment to each others development, creativity, and craftsmanship.
In 2013, Ignacio Mattos opened Estela on Houston Street in the space that once housed the Knitting Factory music venue. With a deep wine list and a bar serving cocktails late into every evening, Estela is a place that takes inspiration from the busy, dependable restaurants that Mattos loves to visit around the world but that is also firmly rooted in downtown New York City.
In early 2016, he opened his second restaurant on Spring Street in SoHo, the Italian restaurant Café Altro Paradiso. Since its opening, Estela has been named one of the World’s 50 Best Restaurants and has received a Michelin Star, in addition to a wide range of best-of local and national publications, and Ignacio was nominated for a James Beard Best Chef: New York award in 2017 .
Located at 1 Rockefeller Plaza, Lodi which opened in September 2021, draws inspiration from Italian aperitivo culture and the Art Deco architecture of the bakery and restaurants’ surroundings. Ignacio Mattos and his team envision Lodi as a neighborhood anchor both elegant and friendly that matches its historic address. It is a place you can visit any time of day, whether for a quick morning espresso or a leisurely late-afternoon cocktail on the plaza.
In 2022, the group led the food and beverage program for a luxury, boutique hotel - Nine Orchard - in a beautiful period building on the Lower East Side. This includes: an elegant, upscale restaurant, a neighborhood bar, lounge, rooftop bar, in-room dining and a number of private event spaces.