Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
The Wydown is an independently owned specialty coffee bar and scratch bakery located in the heart of Washington, DC.
Our mission is to delight customers. We're passionate about service and obsessed with good coffee and food and those are the tools we use to carry out our mission. Our staff is known for being friendly and genuinely hospitable. Our baristas and bakers are skilled and talented.
We are seeking an experienced and talented Assistant General Manager at both of our locations to help lead our team.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for:
* Helping to lead the team with focus on phenomenal customer service
* Assisting with administrative duties such as ordering and bookkeeping
* Assisting with shift coverage when necessary
* Helping to execute highly detailed coffee program in concert with our baristas
* Intentionally coaching our shift supervisors in their leadership/managing skills
* Continually inspiring the staff to look at their role and responsibilities through the guest perspective
The ideal candidate will have:
* A minimum of 2-3 years experience in a high-volume service industry environment
* A minimum of 1-2 years managing teams of at least 10 people in a fast paced environment
* Outstanding guest issue prevention/guest relations skills
* Knowledge of restaurant POS system management operations
* Must be committed to our mission and culture
* A love for, and curiosity of great coffee
Compensation for this position will be $17/hr, with the opportunity to earn tips in the range of $8-10/hr. We also offer excellent health care and dental insurance for full time employees.
If you think you're an ideal candidate for our company, please respond with the following:
* Include "The Wydown AGM position" in the subject line
* At least 3 references
* Cover letter specifying which location you are interested in (14th St NW or H st NE) and with some personal thoughts of your own on why you think you would be a great fit for the AGM position at The Wydown Coffee Bar
Compensation: Hourly ($17.00) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance
Breakfast / Brunch
Cafe, Fast Casual
Part of The Wydown