Required Years of Experience
Corner Bar is Bartenders!
Corner Bar is the acclaimed restaurant from chef Ignacio Mattos at the Nine Orchard Hotel. In a warm, cosmopolitan setting that lends itself to everything from relaxed breakfasts to feasts over martinis and platters of fruits de mer, the restaurant serves generous, elegant dishes inspired by the brasserie tradition, along with a remarkable wine and spirits list. In a rave, New York Times restaurant critic Pete Wells described the restaurant's cuisine as “cooking of a very high order.”
Having established itself as an essential New York City dining destination, Corner Bar recently broadened its menu to further celebrate preparations grilled over charcoal, while expanding the restaurant to include the whimsical new Dining Room.
Corner Bar is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with brunch served on the weekends.
The Bartender is responsible for making beverages as well as serving food and beverage for guests dining in the bar area. This position ensures bar service runs smoothly and that guests have enjoyable dining experiences. The Bartender will maintain, restock, and store beverage items in accordance with the restaurant’s bar.
- Make cocktails and beverages for guests
- Take guest orders and serve guests dining in the bar area
- Advise guests on beverages based on their personal tastes
- Ensure the bar is fully stocked for daily service
- Ensure compliance with occupational, health, and safety standards.
- Participate actively during pre-shift meeting to assist in educating staff members on current beverage options.
- Participate in bar trainings of the current bar program.
- Ensure consistent communication with staff members, management, and the kitchen during service.
- Demonstrate ability to aid co-workers during service while successfully maintaining responsibilities.
- Ensure all guests consistently receive courteous and efficient service.
- Maintain a welcoming and organized restaurant environment by following all steps of service.
- Anticipate guest needs and create strong guest relationships. Guest recognition is expected for regular recurring guests.
- Respond promptly to guest concerns and complaints involving management when necessary.
- Maintain guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and assessing food/beverage service.
- Maintain and prepare various bar operation guidelines and recommend improvements.
- Assist the Bar director with planning and organizing the restaurant’s bar.
- Act as part of the team to maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the restaurant both before, during and after service.
- Reliably complete all assigned side work.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including recently created and evolving COVID guidelines.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) standards.
- Understanding that we require a positive and respectful attitude in the workplace.
- Understand and strive to behave in a way that is in line with the company’s values of respect, excellence, transparency, and resilience. The full definition of these values is in our company handbook.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full time employees
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Discounted Gym Membership
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, standing for long periods, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Mattos Hospitality reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Mattos Hospitality or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
We are an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Compensation: Hourly ($10.00) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
New American, American
Boutique Hotel, Luxury Hotel, Full Service Hotel
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Mattos Hospitality
Nine Orchard is a luxury, boutique hotel located on Manhattan's Lower East Side. The Food and Beverage offerings are curated by the Mattos Hospitality team, led by Chef Ignacio Mattos, owns and operates New York classics including Estela, Altro Paradiso and Lodi.
The Food and Beverage program at Nine Orchard includes Corner Bar, Lobby Lounge, a collection of private event spaces, and in-room dining.
We are actively recruiting for our team at Nine Orchard. If you would like to take part in this exciting opportunity, please review our job posts and apply today. We look forward to connecting soon!