Required Years of Experience
Corner Bar is the acclaimed restaurant from chef Ignacio Mattos at the Nine Orchard Hotel. In a warm, cosmopolitan setting that lends itself to everything from relaxed breakfasts to feasts over martinis and platters of fruits de mer, the restaurant serves generous, elegant dishes inspired by the brasserie tradition, along with a remarkable wine and spirits list. In a rave, New York Times restaurant critic Pete Wells described the restaurant's cuisine as “cooking of a very high order.”
Having established itself as an essential New York City dining destination, Corner Bar recently broadened its menu to further celebrate preparations grilled over charcoal, while expanding the restaurant to include the whimsical new Dining Room.
Corner Bar is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with brunch served on the weekends.
The Line Cook prepares and cooks food in their designated area of the kitchen. This position assists the rest of the kitchen team to produce food that upholds the quality of the restaurant.
- Prepares and executes guest dishes.
- Ensure food quality and executed menu dishes meet or exceed standards.
- Ensure orders are executed and plated in a timely manner.
- Working as part of a team to ensure that all tasks are completed in order of priority and in the allotted time frame.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Execute guest food orders in a timely and orderly manner.
- Ensure guest dishes are plated properly per Chef guidance.
- Washing, chopping, and sorting food items.
- Ensuring that all food that is produced is equal to or above the minimum set standards.
- Ensuring astute portion control, wastage control, and adhere to par levels within the department.
- Maintain superior personal hygiene practice at all times.
- Maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout the kitchen.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including recently created and evolving COVID guidelines.
- Follow all Department of Health (DOH) standards.
- Understanding that we require a positive and respectful attitude in the workplace.
- Understand and strive to behave in a way that is in line with the company’s values of respect, excellence, transparency, and resilience. The full definition of these values is in our company handbook.
- Medical, Dental, Vision for Full Time Employees
- NYC Paid Sick & Safe Leave
- Pre-taxed commuter benefits
- Dining Discounts
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, standing for long periods, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Mattos Hospitality reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Mattos Hospitality or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
We are an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Compensation: Hourly ($19.00 - $24.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
New American, American
Boutique Hotel, Luxury Hotel, Full Service Hotel
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Mattos Hospitality
Nine Orchard is a luxury, boutique hotel located on Manhattan's Lower East Side. The Food and Beverage offerings are curated by the Mattos Hospitality team, led by Chef Ignacio Mattos, owns and operates New York classics including Estela, Altro Paradiso and Lodi.
The Food and Beverage program at Nine Orchard includes Corner Bar, Lobby Lounge, a collection of private event spaces, and in-room dining.
We are actively recruiting for our team at Nine Orchard. If you would like to take part in this exciting opportunity, please review our job posts and apply today. We look forward to connecting soon!