Required Years of Experience
Corner Bar is hiring servers!
Corner Bar is the acclaimed restaurant from chef Ignacio Mattos at the Nine Orchard Hotel. In a warm, cosmopolitan setting that lends itself to everything from relaxed breakfasts to feasts over martinis and platters of fruits de mer, the restaurant serves generous, elegant dishes inspired by the brasserie tradition, along with a remarkable wine and spirits list. In a rave, New York Times restaurant critic Pete Wells described the restaurant's cuisine as “cooking of a very high order.”
Having established itself as an essential New York City dining destination, Corner Bar recently broadened its menu to further celebrate preparations grilled over charcoal, while expanding the restaurant to include the whimsical new Dining Room.
Corner Bar is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with brunch served on the weekends.
The Server will serve the guests while upholding the quality of food, beverage, and service. This person will ensure food and beverage service runs smoothly and that guests have pleasurable dining experiences.
- Taking guest orders in an accurate and orderly manner.
- Making educated menu recommendations to guests.
- Ensure all food and beverage orders are fulfilled and uphold quality.
- Provide attentive and quality service to all guests during their experience.
- Ensure compliance with occupational, health, and safety standards.
- Participate actively during pre-shift meetings.
- Participate in restaurant service and team trainings.
- Ensure consistent communication with staff members, management, and the kitchen during service.
- Demonstrate ability to aid co-workers during service while successfully maintaining responsibilities.
- Ensures all guests consistently receive courteous and efficient service.
- Responds positively and promptly to customer concerns and complaints.
- Maintains guest satisfaction by monitoring and evaluating food beverage and service offerings.
- Communicating any food allergy or special nutrition needs to kitchen staff.
- Maintain a welcoming and orderly restaurant environment.
- Builds relationships with repeat guests. .
- Act as part of the team to maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the restaurant both before, during and after service.
- Reliably complete all assigned side work.
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) standards.
- Understanding that we require a positive and respectful attitude in the workplace.
- Understand and strive to behave in a way that is in line with the company’s values of respect, excellence, transparency, and resilience. The full definition of these values is in our company handbook.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full time employees
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Discounted Gym Membership
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, standing for long periods, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Mattos Hospitality reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Mattos Hospitality or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
We are an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Compensation: Hourly ($10.00) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
New American, American
Boutique Hotel, Luxury Hotel, Full Service Hotel
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Mattos Hospitality
Nine Orchard is a luxury, boutique hotel located on Manhattan's Lower East Side. The Food and Beverage offerings are curated by the Mattos Hospitality team, led by Chef Ignacio Mattos, owns and operates New York classics including Estela, Altro Paradiso and Lodi.
The Food and Beverage program at Nine Orchard includes Corner Bar, Lobby Lounge, a collection of private event spaces, and in-room dining.
We are actively recruiting for our team at Nine Orchard. If you would like to take part in this exciting opportunity, please review our job posts and apply today. We look forward to connecting soon!