Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
Bacchus Management Group is a boutique Bay-Area based restaurant and hospitality business, specializing in food, wine, spirits, coffee, and consulting. Bacchus owns and oversees the operations of several of the most awarded restaurants in Northern California, including Michelin-starred restaurants The Village Pub in Woodside, and Selby’s in Atherton, Wine Spectator Grand Award-winning Spruce in San Francisco. We also operate The Village Bakery in Woodside, and two Pizza Antica locations (Lafayette, San Jose). In addition to our full-service restaurants, Bacchus has an exclusive partnership with a private five-acre organic farm, a wholesale coffee and custom roasting business, a bespoke chocolate company, and key collaborations with international winemakers and spirits distillers.
Bacchus was built on a foundation of warm and gracious hospitality and a belief that everyone should leave a Bacchus experience happier than when they arrived.
If you are seeking to work in an innovative and caring environment alongside some of the top talent in the world, we would love to meet you.
Front of House Manager
The FOH Manager works with the General Manager and Executive Chef to provide exceptional customer service. The right candidate will lead FOH staff in a fast-paced restaurant environment to ensure a seamless culinary experience for our guests. Manages FOH staff which includes scheduling, training, and general supervision. The right candidate will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. You’ll oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. We’ll expect you to lead by example to uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
• Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction • Continuously touching tables and getting to know guests
• Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
• Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
• Organize and supervise shifts
• Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
• Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
• Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
• Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
• Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
• Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
• Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
• Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
• Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
• Oversees opening and closing tasks and balances daily and nightly cash drawers.
• Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
• Proven customer service experience as a manager
• Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
• Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
• Acute financial management skills
• BSc degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus
Compensation: Salary ($75,000.00 - $85,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Restaurant Group, Restaurant Consulting
Part of Bacchus Management Group