Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
ABOUT THE RESTAURANT
Margot is a French restaurant from Halley Chambers, Kip Green and Chef Alexia Duchêne, in Fort Greene. We are now hiring for a line cook to execute our outdoor bar food program.
Chef Duchêne has spent most of her career cooking in Paris and London. Her core values center around sustainable sourcing and creating a generative and respectful work environment, while delivering excellent food and service. The cuisine at Margot is meant to be fun and playful - pasta and pastry will always be featured alongside fish and vegetables and the menu will change frequently based on what’s available at the market.
WHO YOU ARE
The ideal candidate displays a deep passion for food and hospitality and is eager to learn new techniques and work with the best produce available. There are ample opportunities for professional development within the group, and the ability to take on further leadership roles in the future. We are committed to creating a team that supports each other across FOH and BOH – the ideal candidate will want to contribute to this goal.
- Execute the dishes on the menu with ease after being show a couple of times
- Maintain quality and standards of the kitchen
- Ability to work all the sections : hot line, protein cooking, cold line and pastry
- Ability to multitask, reduce wastage and check quality of produce to reduce additional costs
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitary standards in compliance with DOH standards
- 3+ years as a line cook in an upscale restaurant
- Excellent knife skills, plating skills and attention to detail
- New York City Food Handler Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Lift and carry 30+ pounds
- Ability to work long hours while standing up 10+ hours
401K administration, Mental Health Support, PTO, Community Service Stipend.
Compensation: Hourly ($18.00 - $21.00)
Benefits & Perks: Paid Time Off, 401k, Wellness Program
Advanced Knife Skills
Food Safety Knowledge
Basic Knife Skills
Cleaning / Sanitation
Food Handler Certification
Plating and Presentation
Attention to Detail
Taking Direction and Feedback
Upscale Casual, Casual Dining, Cafe, Bakery / Patisserie, Wine Bar
Part of Three Top LLC