The Sommelier maintains the highest standard of wine service and hospitality in a fine dining environment. Ensures the constant improvement of the wine program, maintains an impeccable and organized wine cellar, trains front of house staff, and takes responsibility for wine cost control and program profitability. Works the floor, and schedules any administrative duties so as not to interfere with service.
• Recommends and sells wines and other beverages to guests.
• Meets target revenue per guest and monthly wine revenues.
• Maintains and updates wine list, and ensure that wines of a critical age are sold.
• Interacts with guests to ensure their satisfaction and enjoyment of the dining experience. Reacts to any guest complaints and take appropriate actions.
• Maintains standards of wine list and wine service as would be expected in a Michelin/AAA/Zagat rated restaurant, and seek to establish the wine program as one of the best in the city.
• Promotes the restaurant and the wine program through national recognition and distinction.
• Continues education and training toward passing the advanced exam with the Court of Master Sommeliers
• Acquires deep knowledge of Italian wines from every region
• In conjunction with Beverage Director, develops and conducts wine education and training for dining room staff
• Conducts monthly stock control and inventory. Continuously updates stock forms and inventory system on BinWise.
• Maintains the immaculate appearance and order of the wine cellar. Maintains pars.
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings
Part of Fabio Trabocchi Restaurants
Fiola is acclaimed Chef Fabio Trabocchi's Trattoria Moderna, located in the heart of Washington, DC at 601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW (entrance on Indiana Avenue). The restaurant offers traditional Italian dishes with the contemporary interpretation for which Chef Trabocchi is known.
Fabio Trabocchi Restaurants is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Fabio Trabocchi restaurants does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under state or local law.
Follow to get the latest job updates to your Newsfeed
I Want to Work Here
We realize positions might not be open right now, or the timing might not be right for you yet. Drop us a line, and we'll reach out to you when there is a fit.I Want to Work Here