Responsible for coordinating and monitoring entire Bar area and communicating with dining room and kitchen personnel to provide a Bar and dining experience that exceeds guest expectations. Processes guest orders to ensure that all food and beverage items are prepared properly and on a timely basis. Takes drink orders from the patrons and wait staff; prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance with standard recipes and preparations. Mixes ingredients for cocktails and serves wine, bottled beer and any other beverages. Rings drinks for orders into register, collects payment and makes change. Responsible for all cash payments throughout the restaurant. May also wash and/or buff and polish glassware. Prepares garnishes for drinks and may assist with wine service. Observes guests to ensure satisfaction with the beverages, food and service; anticipates and responds to additional requests and needs, and determines when the drinks or meal have been completed. Totals bills, accepts payment and cash transactions. Assists at the bar with marking guests-tables, clearing courses, water and bread service, cleaning and resetting vacated Bar seats and tables and stocking service stations. At all times maintains a clean working environment.
• Checks in with management upon arrival for daily duties and station assignments.
• Sets up bar, completes assigned sidework and ensures bar and service bar are detailed and ready for service prior to pre-shift briefing.
• Arranges bottles and glasses to make an attractive display.
• Prepares all garnishes for drinks.
• Attends pre-shift briefing, taking note of relevant information including service, food and beverage, and guest notes.
• Is responsible for knowing food, dessert, cheese, spirit/specialty cocktails, beers and wine descriptions.
• Receives drink orders from patrons or wait staff.
• Mixes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes. Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks. Serves wine and bottled beer. Suggests additional drinks with up selling in mind.
• Rings all cash payments into register, collects money and makes change.
• Monitors guest sobriety, as the bartender is responsible for intoxicated guests.
• Maintains service area clean for both Dining Room and Kitchen
• Greets guests at bar and present them with the bar menu, wine list or fod menu, takes a water preference and offers an aperitif.
• Serves water, takes a drink order
• Delivers cocktails, aperitifs, wine or beverages.
• Presents and explains the menu to the guests
• Takes food and beverage or wine orders from guests (either written or memorized) and relays order to kitchen staff, sommeliers and bartenders as appropriate.
• Processes guest orders to ensure all items are prepared properly and on a timely basis, ensuring that all food orders are completed correctly, taking into account courses, position numbers, proper modifiers, food allergies, dietary restrictions and special requests
• Helps to serve courses from the kitchen and service areas promptly and graciously with finesse according to restaurant protocol and garnishes items with proper presentation prior to serving including tableside service.
• Presents, opens, and pours wine adhering to the restaurant protocol.
• Assists Sommelier in pouring wine and maintaining wine levels at table
• Helps to run, serve and introduce food from kitchen and pastry to tables
• Observes diners to ensure they are satisfied with the food and service, anticipates and responds to any additional requests and needs; determines when the meal has been completed.
• Assists Busser with marking tables, clearing courses, water, bread service and any condiments, stocking service stations, and cleaning and resetting vacated tables
• Communicates with host stand, service staff, and kitchen, to coordinate entire station to ensure guest satisfaction with the food and service.
• Makes sure all items are input in computer precisely and are on check correctly
• Totals the bills and accepts payment.
• Assists Captains and Bussers with marking tables, clearing courses, water and bread service, stocking service stations, and cleaning and resetting vacated tables in the bar and lounge area.
• Maintains stock and freshness of fruit and perishable items at bar.
• Breaks down bar.
• Orders or requisitions liquor, other beverages and supplies.
• Is able to perform opening, mid and closing duties as outlined by management.
• Assists in beverage inventory
• Assists in counting china, glass, silver and linen.
• Note: You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in your job description at your manager’s/supervisors’ discretion.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Fabio Trabocchi Restaurants
Fiola is acclaimed Chef Fabio Trabocchi's Trattoria Moderna, located in the heart of Washington, DC at 601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW (entrance on Indiana Avenue). The restaurant offers traditional Italian dishes with the contemporary interpretation for which Chef Trabocchi is known.
Fabio Trabocchi Restaurants is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Fabio Trabocchi restaurants does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under state or local law.
Follow to get the latest job updates to your Newsfeed
I Want to Work Here
We realize positions might not be open right now, or the timing might not be right for you yet. Drop us a line, and we'll reach out to you when there is a fit.I Want to Work Here