Fiola (www.fioladc.com) is looking for experienced professional captains. We invite hospitality professionals to discover the opportunities to advance their career with our restaurant group, which also includes the acclaimed restaurants Fiola Mare (www.fiolamaredc.com) and Casa Luca (www.casalucadc.com).
• “#1 Best Restaurant in DC” Zagat 2015
• “Outstanding Service Program” Nominee Rest. Assoc. of Metro DC (RAMW) 2015
• “Outstanding Wine Program” Nominee RAMW 2015
• “Outstanding Pastry Chef” Nominee RAMW 2015
• #8 in “100 Very Best Restaurants” Washingtonian 2015
• “Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year” Winner RAMW 2014
• “Chef of the Year” Winner RAMW 2013
• “Best New Restaurant” Winner RAMW 2012
• “Best Award of Excellence” Wine Spectator 2013, 2014, 2015
• “America's 100 Best Wine Restaurants” Wine Enthusiast 2013, 2014, 2015
• “Best New Restaurant in America” Nominee James Beard Fdn 2012
• “Best New Restaurants” Bon Appetit 2012
• “Best Restaurants in the United States” Esquire 2011
Ideal candidates will have an understanding of and passion for Italian cuisine and wine, as well as knowledge of the standards of Old World service and world-class hospitality.
o Minimum of 5 years serving in 3-star fine dining or upscale restaurant.
o Professional, articulate, friendly and punctual.
o Possesses and exhibits the drive to provide exceptional guest service.
o Full time flexible hours are required (able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays).
o Must be able to stand/walk for 8 hours; bend, push, pull; lift 30 lbs.
o Proficient in Micros.
o Professional appearance and grooming standards appropriate for a premier fine dining restaurant.
o Able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail; ability to multi-task.
o Must have good communication and ability to promote sales.
o Must have excellent wine knowledge.
o Must be skilled in time management.
o Must have teaching and motivational skills.
o Must exhibit an excellent service attitude and be willing to go out of their way to accommodate guests and exceed their expectations.
o Must be flexible and able to adjust to meet the changing needs of the restaurant and guests.
o Must maintain a level of professionalism and communicate effectively.
o Must show enthusiasm for the job and for the restaurant.
o Must be considerate, patient and willing to help out fellow employees.
o Must be able to tolerate pressure and work calmly and efficiently during busy times.
o Possess the highest work ethics, personal morals and honesty beyond reproach.
o Anticipate guests’ needs and ensure that service meets/exceeds expectations to ensure a memorable and pleasant dining experience.
o Detail the dining room, table settings, chairs and floors.
o Set private event spaces to meet guest requests.
o Recognize and acknowledge guests by name and know their preferences.
o Ensure side work is completed everyday and dining room supplies are stocked. Report any supply shortages to management.
- Industry Leading Pay
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Eligibility for Company Subsidized Health Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Eligibility for Employee Rewards Card
- 20% Employee Discount at Gruppo FT Restaurants (excluding alcoholic beverages)
- Employee Meals While On the Job
If you would like to be a part of a growing restaurant group, work with some of the city's best hospitality and culinary professionals, learn and continue your restaurant hospitality career, we would like to meet you!
Top Earnings in DC!
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Fabio Trabocchi Restaurants
Fiola is acclaimed Chef Fabio Trabocchi's Trattoria Moderna, located in the heart of Washington, DC at 601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW (entrance on Indiana Avenue). The restaurant offers traditional Italian dishes with the contemporary interpretation for which Chef Trabocchi is known.
Fabio Trabocchi Restaurants is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Fabio Trabocchi restaurants does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under state or local law.
Follow to get the latest job updates to your Newsfeed
I Want to Work Here
We realize positions might not be open right now, or the timing might not be right for you yet. Drop us a line, and we'll reach out to you when there is a fit.I Want to Work Here