We love to make people happy! Corner Table Restaurants has been doing so since 2001 when Jane, an American Bistro opened between Greenwich Village and Soho. The Smith, a casual American Brasserie, made its debut in 2007 with the opening of its location in the heart of the East Village. The Smith has become one of New York's hottest restaurant concepts and the preeminent neighborhood restaurant. The palpable energy, engaging staff, and consistently great food keep guests coming back time after time. All of The Smith's locations (East Village, Midtown Manhattan, Lincoln Square and Nomad) serve straightforward dishes that people crave.
From the beginning, Corner Table has been obsessed with building a positive, supportive environment for our employees who in turn take great care of our guests. The culture is guided by a philosophy that the company stands by:
Delivering Joy to Guests
Sourcing Local, Natural, and Sustainable Ingredients
Waiting for Great
Working hard, safe and together
The Smith's locations in Manhattan are in the top 100 grossing restaurants in the United States, collectively serving close to two million guests annually. Three of the four are consistently in the Top 10 "most reserved" restaurants in New York City on Open Table, with The Smith Lincoln Square many times in the #1 spot. The Smith is taking its first steps out of New York City and will open its first location in Washington D.C. in early 2017.
The Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
-Building a capable and confident team and develop them to manage a great restaurant.
- Oversee and ensure all company systems and policies are maintained.
- Responsible for all controllable costs including labor, food, beverage and supplies.
- Uphold company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our guests and team members.
- Enforce & Maintain all labor laws and practices.
- Complete regular performance reviews and provide frequent feedback.
- Assist in the execution of forecasting and budgeting.
- Must exemplify the highest standards in honesty, integrity and leadership.
- The candidate should be highly confident in his/her abilities and be detail-oriented.
- Proven team player and have excellent communication skills.
- Genuinely getting joy out of making people happy, being able to have fun, having a sense of humor and enjoyment of working in the hospitality world.
- Love and passion for the guest.
- Food and Beverage knowledge.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to please guests.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Two years of full service restaurant experience
What we offer:
• Competitive Pay
• Comprehensive Benefits Package (Vision, Dental, & Medical, & FSA)
• Commuter Discounts
• Gym Discounts
• Discretionary Bonuses
• Company paid Life Insurance
• Tremendous Growth Opportunities
benefits, bonus, & PTO
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Classic Food / Wine Service
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food Safety Knowledge
Staff Management of 75
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Corner Table Restaurants
The Smith is a casual neighborhood Brasserie with a simple mission: make people happy. We are passionate about taking great care of our employees, our guests, and our community. We are obsessed with building a positive, empowering, and supportive culture. By working closely with local farmers and purveyors that we trust, The Smith serves delicious food and drinks people crave. The menu features bistro classics, seasonal fare, and craft cocktails. Its signature lively atmosphere makes The Smith a versatile setting for an after work bite, drinks on the town, a birthday bash, a working lunch, a boozy brunch, or an I-don’t-want-to-cook-tonight night.