TITLE: LINE COOKS OF ALL LEVELS
RESTAURANT: Nico Osteria
REPORTS TO: Managing Partners, Director of Operations, Chef de Cuisine, Sous Chefs and Supervisors
Position Summary: Nico Osteria is looking for an individual who is passionate about cuisine. Attention to detail and a strong work ethic are required in this position. The line cooks work together with other team members on a daily basis to ensure a flawlessly executed final product. Proficient knife sills and the ability to multi-task are also required. Positional required continuous standing for up to 8 hours per shift or sometimes longer as the business demands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• With minimal assistance, be able to set up and work stations (prep, garde manger, oyster, lunch etc) at an acceptable level.
• With assistance, able to perform prep tasks assigned by the CDC in a timely fashion.
• Always lead by example.
• Prepare food items consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion and presentation standards; complete required mise en place or prep list in a timely fashion.
• Set up station as required for all scheduled services.
• Be prepared to work private functions, banquets, and off site events.
• Follow manager’s direction in regard to quantity and quality of items prepped.
• Operate, maintain, and properly clean kitchen equipment: this includes the deep fryer, wood grill, wood oven and any other restaurant owned equipment deemed part of your cleaning duties.
• Maintain and clean your required tools.
• Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
• Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
• Work efficiently with a constant sense of urgency.
• Prioritize safety above speed. Study and know all safety policies set forth at your location.
• Taste all food at its various stages of preparation, most importantly just before a dish is sent to a guest. When in doubt of quality, ask kitchen manager for assistance and opinion.
• Perform other work related tasks as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
• High school education, cooking school or culinary institute education or equivalent experience preferred
• Willingness to work mornings, evenings and weekends as required.
• Serve safe certification.
• chef's knife
• utility/paring knife
• serrated knife
• fish spatula
• mini-offset spatula
• spoons-slotted & regular
• mini-rubber spatula
• small whisk
• wooden spoon
• measuring spoons
• bowl scrapers
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The work that restaurant cooks do is both physically and mentally demanding. They are on their feet much of the time. Cooks typically work about forty hours a week. However, because the restaurant serves the public and is open seven days a week, cooks may work longer, irregular hours.
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, taste, smell, and hearing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to raw meat, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, hazardous materials, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
Medical, dental and vision benefits after 6 months full-time employment; company-wide dining discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of One Off Hospitality Group
A rustic Italian seafood concept from the award winning One Off Hospitality Group and Chef Paul Kahan!
Located in the Thompson Hotel serving rustic seafood-focused Italian fare.