The Smith is an established American brasserie with four bustling locations in Manhattan - East
Village, Midtown, and near Lincoln Center with our newest location, THE SMITH- NOMAD.
All of our locations are large, high energy and high volume restaurants with fun bars, great food
and warm hospitality.
The Sous Chef Responsibilities include but not limited to:
-Properly managing all operations of the kitchen.
-Upholding the highest standards of food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements to ensure
the health and safety of staff and guests.
-Overseeing and ensuring that all company systems and policies are maintained at all times.
• 2/3 Years of experience as a Sous Chef
• Experience with high volume, culinary driven restaurant.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Career oriented and self-motivated.
• Ability to multitask.
• Strong leadership qualities with ability to motivate and coach a dynamic team.
• Time Pro/compeat/hot schedules knowledge a plus.
What we offer:
• Competitive Pay
• Comprehensive Benefits Package (Vision, Dental, & Medical, & FSA)
• Commuter Discounts
• Gym Discounts
• Discretionary Bonuses
• Company paid Life Insurance
• Tremendous Growth Opportunities
BE THE SMITH
We are all empowered to MAKE a difference
We go above and beyond to exceed the expectations of our Guests and always try to find a way to say yes
We enjoy making people happy; guests, peers and our community
Everything we do is from the heart- the food, drinks and connections
THINK LOCAL, NATURAL AND SUSTAINABLE
We make decisions our kids can live with
WAIT FOR GREAT
We only hire great people
benefits & bonus
Other jobs you might be interested in
About The Smith
Part of Corner Table RestaurantsFollow
Follow to get the latest job updates to your Newsfeed
I Want to Work Here
We realize positions might not be open right now, or the timing might not be right for you yet. Drop us a line, and we'll reach out to you when there is a fit.I Want to Work Here