• Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
• Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
• Sets steam table; serves or ensures proper serving of food for tray line or dining room.
• Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards.
• Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
• Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
• Apportions food for serving.
• Completes food temperature checks before service.
• Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
• Maintains daily production records.
• Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
• Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
• Assures safe food handling and food preparation.
• Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Experience and Education:
• At least a year’s training at a culinary institute or previous restaurant training and experience required.
• A high school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
General knife handling
Up to 300 covers a night
Other jobs you might be interested in
Sushi Den owns and operates three successful restaurant concepts (Sushi Den, Izakaya Den and OTOTO). The Sushi Den concept has be in operations for over 31 years and it is still one of the foremost sushi restaurants in the metro Denver market.
Based on our continued success, we are looking for several positions for the restaurant (Front of the House Managers, Lead Chefs, Line-cooks, Prep-Cooks, Pastry Chefs and Dishwashers.
If you are interest in more information about the company please submit your resume to [email protected]
Chief Operations Officer