Essential Job Functions:
• Leads by example by cooking at the line, by creating beautiful and flavorful plates.
• Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance.
• Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
• Ensures a high level of profitability through closely monitoring food, labor and supply costs.
• Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained
• Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations.
• Increase staff prep and cooking skills.
• Assist operation managers as requested in areas such as plate presentation and special functions.
• Coordinate all training activities for kitchen, bakery and other production and service employees to include the identification and analysis of training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address these deficiencies.
• Develop recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Experience and Education
• Major concentration in food preparation, management and nutrition.
• Work requires 6 years’ progressive experience in high volume food production or catering. Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Cost Optimization
Other jobs you might be interested in
About Hiro & Company
Hiro & Company owns and operates three successful restaurant concepts (Sushi Den, Izakaya Den and OTOTO). The Sushi Den concept has be in operations for over 31 years and it is still one of the foremost sushi restaurants in the metro Denver market.
Based on our continued success, we are looking for several positions for the restaurant (Front of the House Managers, Lead Chefs, Line-cooks, Prep-Cooks, Pastry Chefs and Dishwashers.
If you are interest in more information about the company please submit your resume to [email protected] immediately.
Follow to get the latest job updates to your Newsfeed
I Want to Work Here
We realize positions might not be open right now, or the timing might not be right for you yet. Drop us a line, and we'll reach out to you when there is a fit.I Want to Work Here