The Kitchen is growing and we are seeking line cooks. Applicants must have at least two years of experience cooking on a line, be passionate about quality local food and the standards by which it is served. A culinary degree or comparable experience is required. This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone who wishes to be part of a rapidly growing company with a people driven culture. Please only apply if you are a motivated professional with a love for taking care of others.
- Ability to prepare food to the exact specifications of the chef; dedicated to creating well-executed and delicious food.
- Able to work quickly while implementing set standards including abiding by quality, portion control and presentation expectations.
- Prepare for food service; clean and chop food, set up and stock stations.
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Strong work ethic and attention to cleanliness a must. Keen attention to detail. Assist with cleaning and stocking. Open and close the restaurant and perform related work as requested.
- Ability to perform objectives in a timely and efficient manner with a focus on quality while always maintaining a positive and professional approach with coworkers.
- Promote and embrace The Kitchen community and culture by demonstrating respect, positive energy, dependability, honesty, initiative, an outgoing nature and a pleasant, professional appearance.
- Support the restaurants vision and responsibility of being eco-conscious.
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- A culinary degree or comparable experience. Minimum of 1 year experience cooking on a line.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures. Passionate about quality local foods and the standards by which it is served.
- Superior temperament, adaptable nature and good communication skills. Able to work well in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrate integrity in all areas, both personal and professional.
The Kitchen offers a competitive benefit package to our hourly employees!
Some benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full time employees
- Paid Time Off after one year of service
- Store Discount
Medical/Dental/Vision and Disability benefits.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of The Kitchen Restaurant Group
The Kitchen Bistros carefully source quality, fresh, ingredients from farms and purveyors who our team has a direct relationship with both locally and nationally. The preparations are simple, clean, and focused. The menu features seasonal offerings that are crafted by our talented culinary team. The Kitchen features various signature items such as hand cut Garlic Fries, Tomato Soup, Mussels and Sticky Toffee Pudding. The Kitchen Bistro opened on Pearl Street in Boulder as the company's flagship restaurant and has since expanded to 16th Street in Denver, Old Town in Fort Collins, River North in Chicago and Shelby Farms Park in Memphis, Tenn. Please visit http://thekitchenbistros.com or visit us on Twitter and Instagram @TheKitchenBistros.