To view the complete job description or to apply online, visit:
Provide support and commitment to the restaurant and management team in regards to our pastry program. Help in maintaining and creating an exciting, inviting and progressive environment for The Kitchen, through our food. Support in attaining restaurant goals and policies by attaining budgeted goals and sales growth. Always adhering to and being guided by our company values.
- Assisting in Pastry Menu Execution
- Responsible for appearance and taste of all pastry items to The Kitchen’s standards.
- Seasonal changes to menu in keeping with The Kitchen’s style and philosophy.
- Ability to participate in creation of pastry specials.
- Organizing and executing daily prep duties.
- Communication with the Head Chef and Sous Chef regarding prep and menu items.
- Responsible for organization, cleanliness, sanitation & maintenance of pastry equipment and area per regulations of the Health Department and the standards of cleanliness put forth by The Kitchen.
- Communication with the Chef and/or Manager on Duty about all pastry related issues, menu changes and/ or updates before, after and during service.
- Responsible for receiving orders from purveyors and assuring their accuracy.
- Ensure quality and standards are upheld at all times through proper preparation of food and adherence to recipes.
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Two years of experience preferred.
- Excellent understanding of various ingredients, equipment and procedures. Passionate about quality local foods and the standards by which it is served.
- Superior temperament, adaptable nature and good communication skills.
- Demonstrate integrity in all areas, both personal and professional.
The Kitchen offers a competitive benefit package to our hourly employees! Some benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full time employees
- Paid Time Off after one year of service
- Store Discount
Hourly + Benefits Option
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of The Kitchen Restaurant Group
The Kitchen Bistros carefully source quality, fresh, ingredients from farms and purveyors who our team has a direct relationship with both locally and nationally. The preparations are simple, clean, and focused. The menu features seasonal offerings that are crafted by our talented culinary team. The Kitchen features various signature items such as hand cut Garlic Fries, Tomato Soup, Mussels and Sticky Toffee Pudding. The Kitchen Bistro opened on Pearl Street in Boulder as the company's flagship restaurant and has since expanded to 16th Street in Denver, Old Town in Fort Collins, River North in Chicago and Shelby Farms Park in Memphis, Tenn. Please visit http://thekitchenbistros.com or visit us on Twitter and Instagram @TheKitchenBistros.