Required Years of Experience
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring seasonal Cooks to join our team at Niagara Falls State Park in Niagara Falls, New York. As a Cook, you will be responsible for preparing ingredients and guest orders, communicating with serving staff, keeping the workspace clean throughout the shift, and adhering to food preparation and food storage health and safety guidelines.
This position does not begin until April/May 2023
Minimum pay rate: $17.00 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.
Eligible team members can earn a $150 completion bonus!
We care about our team member’s personal and professional well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive benefits including:
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedules
Some locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal, state, local law.
- Prepare food to specifications before and during unit operations.
- Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all products to proper specifications.
- Perform opening, closing, and side work duties and end-of-day inventory, and other duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Keep workstation, coolers, and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Use waste control guidelines and records all waste on the spoilage sheet.
- At least 1 year of previous experience in a back-of-the-house foodservice position is preferred.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle or operate kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for the entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at the waist, bending and squatting.
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops, and brooms.
- Kitchen environment – noise levels may be moderate-to-high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
Who We Are
Niagara Falls State Park is a pristine oasis of three massive waterfalls, attractions, and 400 acres of protected wildlife.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: Hourly ($17.00)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Delaware North