Required Years of Experience
Delaware North Gaming is hiring full-time Line Cooks to join our team at Wheeling Island Casino in Wheeling, West Virgina.
Minimum pay rate: $14.40 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.
We care about our team member’s personal and professional well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive benefits including:
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedules
Eligible team members may also receive: health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement.
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
- Properly measures and portions all food items.
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Packages all products to proper specifications.
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment.
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- At least six months' experience as a Prep Cook or Line Cook.
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
Who We Are
Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack in Wheeling, West Virginia, is a Delaware North-owned-and-operated regional gaming destination featuring 1,300 electronic gaming machines, 22 table games, live greyhound racing, and simulcast wagering. Wheeling Island also features a 151-room hotel, many dining options, and a 1,000-seat showroom.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Full Service Hotel, Gaming, Food Service
Part of Delaware North
Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack in Wheeling, West Virginia is a Delaware North-owned-and-operated regional gaming and entertainment destination that features more than 1,400 slot machines, table games, a poker room, live greyhound racing and a variety of simulcast options. Wheeling Island's 151-room luxury hotel with fine dining, buffet, banquet facilities and 1,000-seat showroom completes the full-service gaming and entertainment venue.
See more at: https://www.delawarenorth.com/venues/wheeling-island-hotel-casino-racetrack#sthash.oyzLdNQ3.dpuf