Required Years of Experience
Bad Roman is hiring a Maitre D' for our new Italian concept opening in January
- $500 signing bonus payable to successful hires
- Instant access to reduced cost healthcare with no participation requirements
- A robust Health Benefits plan with a significant employer contribution for Full Time employees (30+hrs/wk)
- Medical, Dental, Vision,
- Transit benefits.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Dining Discounts & Staff meals
Quality Branded provides equal opportunity with regard to all terms and conditions of employment.
Position Summary: The Maitre’D manages the front door and reservation operations while always presenting an excellent first impression of the restaurant. The Maitre’D must possess high level organizational and communication skills with the ability to think and act quickly. Maintaining poise and positivity in a fast-paced work environment is critical to success.
Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Warmly greet every guest of the restaurant and provide a lasting first impression
- Answer restaurant phone and field reservation requests and restaurant questions
- Leads reservations system management, works to provide a proper flow of service with strategic management of reservation and walk in seating and maximizes the book wherever possible
- Communicate pertinent reservation and guest notes to applicable team members (servers, kitchen team, manager etc.)
- Constantly observes status of room and tables to maintain up to date table statuses
- Manages waitlist by establishing accurate wait times for walk-ins
- Possesses proficient knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage menus
- Possesses excellent knowledge of the restaurant operations (hours and days of operation, address, company information, etc.)
- Ensure all VIPs, Investors and other important guests are receiving appropriate accommodations and excellent service
- Create detailed guest notes and profiles
- Maintain a clean and organized host station before, during and at the conclusion of shift
- Perform other duties as directed by management
- Available to work various shifts, weekends and holidays
- 100% -- Stands during entire shift
- 75% -- Reaches, bends and stoops frequently
- Must be able to carry up to 20 lbs
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with guests in person and on the phone
Knowledge and Skills:
- Maintain excellent communication skills with management, servers, team members and guests.
- Must be able to clearly and accurately communicate with guests and co-workers in English (including reading, writing, and speaking).
- Possess advanced proficiency with reservation management systems
- Possess excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Maintain knowledge and practice of workplace safety procedures.
Quality Branded is a group of upscale restaurants, which are owned or managed by father-son restaurateurs Alan and Michael Stillman with chef Craig Koketsu, including the flagship location of Smith and Wollensky, Maloney and Porcelli, Quality Meats New York and Miami Beach, Quality Italian New York and Denver, Park Avenue (Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer), Quality Eats, and Don Angie.
Compensation: Hourly ($25.00) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
High Volume Service
Reservation Management Platforms
Attention to Detail
Other jobs you might be interested in
Upscale Casual, Bar / Lounge
Part of Quality Branded
With a playful modern Italian menu, Bad Roman is taking over the iconic Landmarc space in the Time Warner Center, which features floor to ceiling windows, a sprawling dining room and views of Central Park.