Required Years of Experience
La Josie, a family-owned Bib Gourmand Mexican restaurant on Randolph Row, has been serving family recipes and supporting the best agave distillers from all regions of Mexico since May of 2017. In just a few short years, La Josie has become a beloved destination to eat, drink, and socialize in the West Loop. Our exceptional food menu is one of the most meticulously-crafted Mexican food menus in the City of Chicago, we are constantly experimenting, refining, and learning more about the regions, techniches, ingridients and traditions of Mexico.
La Josie is looking for a passionate, experienced Sauté cook. As one of Chicago’s premier Mexican food menus, you should be a skilled Sauté cook with exceptional communicative capabilities. We are looking for someone who will be team-oriented, who want to be with us long-term, with a desire to dive deeper into the intricacies of Mexican cuisine, and will be excited to share this knowledge with our team.
- Motivated, innovative and creative
- Excellent Sauté skills.
- Brunch service experience
- Egg temperature knowledge
- 3+ years of Line Cook experience
- Flexible availability mornings, evenings and weekends
- Bilingual, Spanish
- Good knowldege & understanding of Mexican cuisine.
Essential Duties & Responsibilties
- 4-5 shifts per week
- Abilty to work under pressure with grace and ease
- Passion for excellence, superior service standards, and a positive attitude with a team player mindset
- Love for exceptional food and exquisite style
- Stay in the know of food menu items, descriptors and builds
- Keeping up to-date with sanitary procedures
- Maintain a polished posture.
- Valid servsafe food handler certifications
- Willingness to maintain a clean, safe, and healthy work environment
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Physical demands and work enviorment
- Ability to be flexible and open-minded about job demands
- Ability to move or handle equipment throughout the restaurant (generally between 0-50 lbs.)
- Must be able to stand, walk, move during entire shift including frequent bending and stooping
La Josie is an equal opportunity employeer with growth potential including transitioning to chef de partie or saucier for the right candidate. If you have a passion for hospitality and like the sound of this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
La Josie management
Compensation: Hourly ($22.00 - $24.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
Cooking and feeding one another is an act of community.
Hoy por tí. Mañana por mí: This Spanish idiom (which you’ll find in neon lights above our front and back bar) embodies a sense of unity and helping each other today because we don’t know what tomorrow holds.
We welcome you to La Josie! Our award-winning, upscale-casual Mexican restaurant with three agave bars, including one on the rooftop, brings traditional flavors in a modern, yet comfortable atmosphere in Chicago’s West Loop.
Since May 2017, Chef/Owner Pepe Barajas has offered creative and thoughtful dishes influenced by all regions of Mexico alongside some of his family's recipes from their home state (and birthplace of tequila) Jalisco, Mexico.