Required Years of Experience
The Dinex Group, Chef Daniel Boulud’s internationally acclaimed restaurant group, is opening a new multiple-venue fine, fine-casual, and upscale bar/lounge location in early 2023. The newest property is an exclusive, elegant space that will provide guests the highest level of service and hospitality. We are committed to creating a unique experience for each one of our guests and are looking for experienced and enthusiastic hospitality professionals to join our team.
We are currently looking for a Banquet/Catering Sous Chef to join our team.
The position requires a minimum of two years of high-end catering/cooking experience. Previous supervisory role and a culinary training degree is preferred, but not required.
To succeed in this job, a candidate must be able to effectively undertake the following day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing meals and food to meet the specifications in a timely manner
- Properly measuring kitchen ingredients and food portions for events
- Ensuring kitchen staff adhere to set standards, procedures, department rules and sanitation requirements
- Managing the kitchen inventory and ensuring supplies are fresh and of high quality
- Ensuring proper food temperatures when cooking and proper storage afterward
- Keeping the workstation and kitchen equipment clean, organized and sanitized
- Taking charge of kitchen with another Sous Chef in regards to opening, closing and other side duties as directed by the Executive Chef
- Preparing and Executing events as needed
- Execute all catering orders in a timely manner while adhering to quality standards
- Maintain budgeted food costs. Control waste.
- Monitor periodic maintenance schedule for all equipment
- Conduct monthly sanitation inspection with Head Chef to maintain Company & Health Department Standards
- Work with cooks to maintain kitchen equipment
- Monitor appearance of kitchen and storerooms and take corrective action as required.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Two years of experience in high volume production environment, preferably in banquets or catering.
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, accomplish tasks without direct instruction, and problem solve for the best solutions
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages
- Actively practice food safety procedures
- Able to train and motivate team
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Full availability- daytime hours, evening hours and weekends
- Drug screening
- Reference check
The Dinex group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation: Salary ($60,000.00 - $65,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Advanced Knife Skills
Team Development and Training
Food Safety Knowledge
200 Covers Per Night
Ordering / Purchasing
Cleaning / Sanitation
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of The Dinex Group, the Restaurant Group of Chef Daniel Boulud
The Dinex Group, Chef Daniel Boulud’s internationally acclaimed restaurant group, is proud to announce the opening of a multi-fine dining concept venue, Centurion® New York.
This multiple-venue fine, fine-casual, and upscale bar/lounge location will open in March 2023 with training beginning January 30, 2023. Centurion® New York is an exclusive, elegant space that will provide members the highest level of service and hospitality. We are committed to creating a unique experience for each one of our members and guests and are looking for experienced and enthusiastic hospitality professionals to join our team.