Required Years of Experience
THE ROSE VENICE, located two blocks away from Venice Beach, is run by Chef Jason Neroni whose menu focuses on local Southern California cuisine with an international influence from his world travels. We make everything in house using only the best and freshest local ingredients.
We are currently looking to fill a PM LINE COOK position. Great opportunity for learning and growth as we promote from within our restaurant. We are seeking energetic and talented candidates that possess a strong sense of team-work and are passionate about creating the ultimate guest experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Preps, stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Follows sanitation guidelines set forth by Health Department.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef or manager-on-duty.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Current Food Handlers permit on file.
COMPENSATION: Competitive pay and health benefits for full time employees after 60 days.
We are a very large Chef-driven restaurant with a family environment. Our program offers full dining service, a Market/Café, all-day bar and beer garden, an extensive wine program as well as an in-house bakery. We expect you to have a great time, be passionate in what you do, and dedicated to the position. If you are ready to work in a fun and upbeat restaurant environment, then we are ready to meet you!
Please send your resume along with extra information about yourself. We look forward to welcoming you as part of the team.
Compensation: Hourly ($16.04 - $18.00) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, Californian, International / Fusion
Part of Sprout LA
Rose Cafe is an iconic restaurant in the heart of Venice, serving locals and travelers alike since 1979.
Now, 36 years later, chef Jason Neroni (formerly of Superba) has kept the roots of the Rose that the community knows and loves, while introducing his seasonal, globally influenced cuisine.
Chef Jason Neroni’s menu focuses on local Southern California cuisine with an international influence from his world travels. The bakery, helmed by Jacob Fraijo and Christina Hanks (Quince/Cotogna, SF) under the mentorship of Alen Ramos and Carolyn Nugent, celebrate American classics, as well as some of the original Rose bakery classics re-conceptualized with their innovative techniques.
The sizable space, designed by local company, Studio UNLTD, includes indoor and outdoor dining with a beer garden, a full market and bakery, Verve Coffee bar, 40-foot bar with cocktails by Nick Meyer. The design aesthetic took nods from the evolution of the Venice community over the past 30 years, which has transitioned from a rough, urban bohemia to the more posh bohemia it is today. Art is also a very important aspect, as the Rose commissioned Craig Stecyk to cover one of its walls with a combination of bright 14-by-22-inch posters and imagery from the neighborhood.