32 people viewed
Required Years of Experience
The General Manager oversees and manages the front of house and works in partnership with the Chef de Cuisine to make final decisions on matters of importance for the entire restaurant. They are responsible for managing all daily operations of the restaurant, including the selection, development, and performance management of employees and other FOH managers. They lead by driving hospitality and fostering a positive work environment where are all team members can thrive. They are responsible for payroll, maximizing sales, optimizing profits, ensuring that guests and staff are happy, and that partners and corporate are communicated with. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Oversee service staff and run service daily.
- Run weekly payroll, overseeing clock-ins daily to ensure accuracy.
- Manage the weekly tip pool and send reporting to corporate and employees.
- Oversee or personally respond to guest reviews (depends on if 3rd manager is MD or Sommelier)
- Oversee the execution of in-house events with the Events Team
- Run bi-weekly meeting in partnership with the CDC to keep the management team on track, motivated, goal-oriented, and keep communication strong.
- Oversee the development of the other FOH managers, including setting work goals, organizational expectations, and checking in on the progress of their work
- Oversee FOH financial performance, tracking sales and cost on labor and beverage
- Constantly drive sales through OpenTable efficiencies, staff trainings, community outreach, working diligently with the events & reservations and marketing teams.
- Maintain beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in the restaurant.
- Manage daily cash flow and cash deposits
- Attend bi-weekly manager meetings with partners and corporate to analyze weekly profit & loss statement.
- Keep other restaurant managers and the corporate management team fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Complete job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to promote a harmonious work environment, boosting morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Help executes events in coordination with the events and beverage departments.
- Report and help facilitate restaurant repairs whether structural, equipment or furniture.
- At all times provides a favorable image of ERHG, including restaurant cleanliness (inside and out) and upholding staff appearance standards.
- Know how to do every single duty done by the other FOH managers.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by corporate and partners.
Food & Beverage Requirements
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen, bars, and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Communicate with CDC effectively concerning consistent high quality of food presentation.
- Must be ServSafe Manager certified and uphold all ServSafe guidlines.
- Must be TABC certified.
- Passion for food, beverage, and hospitality
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and pleasant, approachable nature
- Ability to lead by example with a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team and maintain engagement
- Must be a problem solver and multi-tasker, able to handle the pressures of coordinating restaurant operations and staff while finding appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Must possess good communication skills
- Posses a can-do, team-oriented, flexible attitude
- Ability to determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
- Constantly work on creating high team morale and a healthy positive work culture
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs
- Have all necessary admin, new hire, and training documents printed out and organized to have ready as needed and keep training documents updated appropriately.
- Oversee hiring and professional development, including ads, interviews, hiring, orientation, training, education, and termination of employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and conducting performance reviews with clear feedback.
- Ensure that any HR documentation including disciplinary action is accurate, complete, and stored properly, and that SOPs are followed across all departments.
- Organize education in coordination with Wine Director, CDC, Forager, Bar Manager, and other resources to keep the staff engaged.
- Typical work week for this position is 55 hours. Hours may vary if manager must fill in for his/her employees or if emergencies arise.
- Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 45 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
- 3 Weeks PTO annually+ Sick Days, Parental Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
- Employer Contribution to Health Insurance
- 50% discount at all ERHG Restaurants
- Wine Exam Reimbursement
- Employee Wine Purchase Program
- Retention Bonus
- Relocation Stipend available
Bonus: Total Bonus options of $20k annually
- 5 years of Hospitality experience
- 2 years of Management experience
If interested, please apply with your resume, cover letter, and references
Compensation: Salary ($80,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Farm To Table, Steakhouse
Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual
Part of Emmer & Rye Hospitality Group
Our dishes find inspiration from a custom 20-ft hearth that anchors the kitchen and dining room. The menu allows an opportunity to explore and showcase techniques that highlight the role of fire in food. In addition to soulful menu, Hestia boasts a robust wine program with over 250 bottles.