Required Years of Experience
Boka Restaurant Group and ‘Jean Banchet Award of Culinary Excellence’ winner, Chef Gene Kato, are excited to announce their newest concept, ITOKO! ITOKO will be opening soon in Southport Corridor and is currently seeking Barbacks to join their team!
BENEFITS & PERKS: Health, Dental, and Voluntary Benefits Package (available after 90 days), employer-sponsored mental health and resource program, paid sick leave, 401(k) program, career mentorship and growth potential, and dining incentives across our 20+ establishments!
ABOUT BOKA RESTAURANT GROUP: Boka Restaurant Group is a James Beard Award-winning group, anchored by partnerships with some of American’s greatest chefs. With a firm belief that genuine hospitality makes the world a more human place, we strive beyond convention to believe in and support each other, care for our communities, and work together to build the world we want to live in. View our restaurants here: https://www.bokagrp.com/
ABOUT ITOKO: ITOKO is a sushi and robata house located in Chicago’s historic Southport Lanes building. The menu features Kato’s high level of ingredients and technique, but brings a relaxed environment curated for the Southport neighborhood.
Accountable for the accurate prep, production, and support in service of the restaurant’s full beverage program while providing exceptional guest service.
- Prepare all bar prep items utilizing standardized recipes and completing tasks in a manner to support all service shifts
- Stock bar with all items based on prescribed PARs
- Ensure proper sanitation standards are upheld by maintaining a clean and organized workstation
- Ensure proper cleaning and sanitation of all glassware and bar tools
- Produce all classic and specialty cocktails, in specified time, while using standardized recipes for all drinks
- Maintain proper pour volumes during all services on all beer, wine, and liquor drinks
- Follow steps of service to provide a quality guest dining experience
- Provide proper food and beverage service adhering to restaurant standards
- Consistently check identification of all guests purchasing alcohol to BRG standards
- Always follow proper sanitation practices
- Responsible for completing all opening, mid-shift, and closing procedures in a timely manner
- Maintain all required health and sanitation certificates
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Interpersonal skills
This is an ideal position for someone who is dedicated to providing great service and is seeking to become a member of a hard-working and fun team!
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Safely and effectively use all necessary tools, equipment, and cleaning chemicals
- Stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant which may include stairs, uneven, and/or slick surfaces
- Ability to bear exposure to hot and cold environments
If you feel you meet the requirements, are a team player, experienced, passionate, and dedicated to your craft, we want to hear from you! Please reply with a copy of your resume AND a cover letter detailing why you'd be a great addition to our team!
Compensation: Hourly ($9.24) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k, Dining Discounts
Can Lift Up to 50 Lbs
High Volume Service
Work In a Fast-Paced Environment
Other jobs you might be interested in
Upscale Casual, Casual Dining
Part of Boka Restaurant Group