Required Years of Experience
Link Restaurant Group was founded by James Beard Award winning executive Chef Donald Link and Stephen Stryjewski, with the goal to support the continuous growth of their family of restaurants in New Orleans. Currently that includes Herbsaint, Cochon, Cochon Butcher, Peche Seafood Grill, Gianna, La Boulangerie and Calcasieu Private Dining. Growing up in south Louisiana taught Chef Link about the importance of traditions and the regions unique flavors, which helped define their guiding philosophy to produce honest, simple food.
We offer competitive wages, a company bonus plan, health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401k with company match, paid vacation accrual, paid sick days, paid parental leave, in-house dining credits, career progression and professional development.
This position oversees the AM or PM kitchen crew.
The Sous Chef will be in charge of daily prep, line set up/quality check and lunch or dinner execution for the kitchen staff in a high volume environment.
- Help in the preparation of all food menus.
- Ensure the kitchen operates in a timely way to meet quality standards.
- Fill in for the Executive Sous Chef in planning and directing food preparation, when necessary
- Works the necessary hours to help ensure the success of the restaurant. Sous Chefs may be required to work both opening and closing shifts.
- Work directly with cooks and fellow supervisors to oversee food quality control by constantly tasting and teaching cooking techniques that are in accordance with our standards.
- Train, instruct and review all cook and prep cooks work for taste, quality, and presentation.
- Be able to effectively expedite lunch or dinner service in accordance with the standards and expectations Link Restaurant Group
- Be able to work the line per scheduling need and requirement.
- Available to work Calcasieu Private Events as needed.
- Be able to effectively coordinate, write, execute, and prioritize the daily prep list, ensuring tasks are being completed efficiently and up to standards.
- Communicate with the BOH staff, identifying developable personnel and providing the necessary training as positions open.
- Required to work with fellow Sous Chefs to oversee daily ordering needs.
- Receive all products to ensure quality and accuracy to the order.
- Required to learn or have a general understanding of food cost, and how to properly maintain it through ordering, waste management, and maintain pars inventory control.
- Be able to assist the Chef Se Cuisine and Executive Sous Chef in controlling labor cost by prioritizing prep, tasks, and training cooks on time management.
- Required to represent the BOH at pre-shift meetings. Help communicate specials, dietary concerns, procedures and furthers FOH education when appropriate.
- Assign cleaning and maintenance work daily for dishwashers and porters and inspects to make sure they are done adequately. To include but not limited to, sweeping and mopping floors, walk in organization, trash removal, outside trash maintenance.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities.
- Solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation.
- Train culinary team members, establishing schedules and enforcing sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Helps with duties of other employees (i.e., sous chef, cooks, and dishwashers, etc.) when necessary because of an unexpected absence or extra volume.
- Perform administrative work-related duties as assigned.
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Link Restaurant Group reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of LRG or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
LRG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Job Type : Full Time
Compensation Type : Salary
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Cajun / Creole, Southern
Part of Link Restaurant Group
Chef Link has reconnected with his culinary roots at Cochon. Along with Chef/Co-Owner Stephen Stryjewski, Chef Link is creating authentic and traditional Cajun Southern dishes that focus on traditional methods and feature locally sourced pork produce and seafood. (504) 588-7675