Required Years of Experience
Major Food Group (the powerhouse restaurant group behind Carbone, The Grill, Dirty French, Sadelle’s and more) is looking to continue building on their multi-dimensional, immersive concepts that transports their guests to new memorable experiences. We want to transcend traditional hospitality models by taking care of our employees, guests, and our community.
Dirty French is looking for a Sous Chef with strong knowledge of food preparation, kitchen safety and sanitation, effective time management and quality control.
- Sourcing ordering and receiving the highest quality ingredients
- Developing, teaching, and maintaining all recipes and techniques
- Organizing a large team and holding each chef accountable for their responsibilities
- Overseeing and maintaining a smooth professional service
- Maintaining all kitchen equipment and following up for any repairs needed
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and organization
- Overseeing scheduling and inventory to work within a set budget
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a managing capacity
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a quality-driven, high volume kitchen
- Previous experience in Michelin-starred (1, 2, or 3) and/or NY Times (2 or more stars) is preferred.
- Culinary diploma or equivalent in experience strongly preferred
- Team-orientated and positive attitude
- Strong communication skills a must
- Proficiency in verbal Spanish language a plus
We offer competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, TransitChek discount, Referral Rewards program, a generous dining program, and progressive paid time off. We offer many opportunities for growth and development for those who show long-term commitment to their role and MFG.
Major Food Group is an equal opportunity employer
Compensation: Salary ($75,000.00 - $80,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Advanced Knife Skills
Charcuterie and Cheese Board Arrangement
Basic Knife Skills
Family Meal Preparation
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Major Food Group
Dirty French is a New York bistro created by Major Food Group’s Mario Carbone, Rich Torrisi and Jeff Zalaznick. The restaurant takes its culinary cues from the timeless dishes and preparations of the classic French bistro and enlivens them utilizing modern techniques and bold flavors. Dishes like Duck à l’Orange with ras el hanout and preserved oranges and Trout Amandine with sesame and apricots remain true to their French roots but are restyled with flavors that explore the breadth and depth of the global French culinary influence. Dirty French is located in the Ludlow Hotel in Manhattan’s storied Lower East Side.