Required Years of Experience
Major Food Group is hiring an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team!
As a valuable addition to our team, you will play an important role in our fast-growing finance team. The ideal candidate is passionate about food, and has a strong background in accounting. This position will be remote to start, so strong communication skills are a necessity.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements.
- Manage cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy.
- Aggregate store sales and send daily flash report to ownership.
- Identify and measure metrics and KPI’s to help improve financial performance.
- Assist with sales forecasts, compile weekly results for store managers, and participate in weekly review.
- Work closely with purchasing department to control food and beverage costs.
- Work closely with payroll department to audit weekly tips and hourly wages.
- Monitor spending for all departments to ensure proper purchase approvals and manage spending limits.
- Ensure that all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and other information are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits.
- Review general ledger details for operating and balance sheet for accuracy.
- Monitor restaurant’s revenue and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations; research and analyze findings to ensure accuracy of accounts.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by controller.
- Bachelors in Accounting required
- 3-6 years progressively responsible experience in accounting
- Experienced with Restaurant365 Accounting Software is a plus
- Experienced with month end closing processes
- Experienced with the preparation of multi-unit/ multi-department financial statement
- Experience with budget preparation
- Well versed in the use of Excel Spreadsheets – macros, pivot tables, vlookups frequently used
- Management Experience is a plus
Compensation: $80,000 - $90,000 annually
We offer competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, TransitChek discount, Team Member Referral program, a generous dining program, and progressive paid time off. We offer many opportunities for growth and development for those who show long-term commitment to their role and MFG.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Major Food Group considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Major Food Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: Salary ($80,000.00 - $90,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Major Food Group
Major Food Group (MFG) is a New York based restaurant and hospitality company founded by Mario Carbone, Rich Torrisi, and Jeff Zalaznick. The founders all exhibit a wealth of knowledge in the food, hospitality, and business sectors.
Major Food Group is committed to creating restaurants that are inspired by New York and its rich culinary history.
We aim to bring each location we operate to life in a way that is respectful of the past, exciting for the present and sustainable for the future. We do this through the concepts that we create, the food that we cook and the experience that we provide for our customers.