Required Years of Experience
Jean-Georges' JoJo Restaurant in the Upper East Side is looking for a Dishwasher/Porter! Must have OPEN AVAILABILITY.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (these are not all-inclusive):
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using industrial dishwasher or by hand
- Place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas
- Stock supplies such as food and utensils in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators
- Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss
- Sort and remove trash, placing in the designated pickup areas
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition
- Maintain department cleanliness and organization, adhere to safe work and equipment practices, and follow all food safety, health and sanitation standards
- Set up, stock stations, and replenish kitchen inventory and supplies as needed
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Consistently report to scheduled shifts on time and ready to work in proper uniform
- Operate ethically to protect the assets and image of the company
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as per business need
- Follow sanitation policies at all times
- Perform opening, closing and side work
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 1-2 years experience in a high-volume, fast-paced kitchen
- Ability to think quickly and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take direction and execute
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills conducive to a productive teamwork environment
- High standards for cleanliness of workspace and service areas
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong work ethic and customer-focused approach
- FULL AVAILABILITY - Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be passionate, entrepreneurial, and dedicated to success
The base pay range for this position is $15 - $17/hr. The determination of what a specific employee in this job classification is paid within the range depends on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, prior employment history/job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, etc.
We look forward to meeting you!
Est. 1991. Jean-Georges' first restaurant, and named after his childhood nickname that his mother would call him, has recently reopened in a duplex townhouse on the Upper East Side, creating a modern and fresh design, yet still maintaining an understated, warm and friendly atmosphere. JoJo is a simple and casual neighborhood-friendly restaurant serving a farm-to-table menu with mostly organic and local ingredients.
“JoJo is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity."
Compensation: Hourly ($15.00 - $17.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Able to operate Industrial washer
Other jobs you might be interested in
Farm To Table, American, French
Part of Restaurants by Jean-Georges
JoJo offers a relaxed yet elegant dining experience in a quaint turn-of-the-century townhouse setting on the Upper East Side.