Required Years of Experience
Pomegranate Hospitality is looking for an experienced, passionate General Manager to lead the incredible team of Safta, the modern Israeli restaurant located at The Source Hotel.
Overview: The General Manager for any Pomegranate Hospitality concepts is responsible for overseeing daily operations and achieving consistent quality standards. The General Manager will work closely with the executive team. This role will manage the development of the Front of House facility, operating systems and team and create a successful working relationship with the Culinary Team. It is essential to have a strong hold on the company's culture and values to ensure they are implemented everyday with each employee. Training and continuing education are the pillars in which the restaurants are built on and it is the General Managers duties to ensure it is ongoing and evolving.
Expectations of the General Manager:
- High level involvement with the recruitment and retention for all staff including corrective action, training, and Employee morale
- Cultivate and maintain professional relationships with all employees through a positive and team-driven work effort
- Maintain superior service levels and ongoing education of all employees
- Creating and implementing a weekly schedule to best suit employees strengths and weaknesses
- Supervise staff for safety and cleanliness according to Health Department regulations
- Effectively communicate with Director of People and Culture regarding employee relations updates i.e. resignations, corrective actions, mandated meetings
- Train staff on cultural uniqueness and importance of specific dishes
- Accommodate staff and guest requests and preferences whenever possible
- Create activities to encourage menu participation across all Front of House employees
- Leads and counsels employees on proper actions and attitude in the Front of House and take preventative corrective action to address employee issues
- Executes employee evaluations following guidelines and procedures set for the the Director of People and Culture
- Manage Employee Performance Evaluation process with Director of People and Culture
- Manage Restaurant operations with a comprehensive, detailed approach to food and beverage quality, safety, building maintenance, repairs, and sanitation/cleanliness.
- Ensure Team Members are properly trained in safe work practices and procedures
- Executes marketing and promotional programs to build restaurant sales
- Regular meetings with the chef regarding proper handling procedures of all products and freshness of the product Ensuring a safe and clean environment is the norm and all products are being handled properly
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Stays aware of market trends and introduces new food and beverage products to meet or exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
- Responsible for smooth, efficient, cost effective operation of the restaurant to include labor management, supervision of all aspects of service, management and control of all operating supply/equipment inventories.
- Monitors the restaurant’s actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and addressed.
- Ensures cash control and liquor control policies are in place in food & beverage areas and followed by all related employees.
- Focuses on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
- Maintain par levels of essential supplies, working with Executive Chef to establish purchasing protocols
- Approves all department storeroom requisitions, ensures operational costs are kept within forecasted budgetary guidelines
- Reviews/maintains daily payroll report/records, maintains labor costs within established budgetary guidelines
- Supervise cash management and ensure accountability for all cash handling practices and administration
- Personally supervises dining room to ensure quality production/delivery of product/service
- Interacts with guests frequently to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of dining experience
- Always represent the highest of Pomegranate Hospitality standards when communicating with guests in any way, and respond to all guest complaints or inquiries within the required timeline
What we hope you bring to the team:
- College degree is preferred. Bachelor of Science degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative
- 3-5 years management experience in a high volume setting
- A passion for food and restaurant operations and a desire to make an impact on customers and business
- A "can do" work ethic and the ability to be a role model
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Works efficiently and timely at all times
- Previous Toast experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Able to stand for a 10-12 hour shift
- Basic Google suite knowledge and comprehension
- Strong business acumen and proficient math knowledge and comprehension
Pomegranate Hospitality is proud to offer:
- Salary Range of $85,000-$95,000
- Dining Discount at all Pomegranate Hospitality Core Restaurants
- 2 weeks Paid Time Off
- Provided Medical, dental, vision insurance and Short-Term Disability Policy
- Bonus Incentives
- Cell phone and parking stipends
- Holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day
- Daily family meal
- Ongoing training and education opportunities
About our Company:
In 2017, Alon and Emily Shaya formed Pomegranate Hospitality to create a space where meaningful, lasting relationships are created, community engagement prospers, and cultural differences are celebrated. In May and August of 2018, the hospitality group opened Saba in New Orleans and Safta in Denver respectively. In 2020, Pomegranate Hospitality partnered with the Four Seasons Hotel in New Orleans to open Miss River. Pomegranate Hospitality commits to fostering opportunities for colleagues, partners, and friends and encouraging all our stakeholders to achieve their personal and professional goals. Additionally, Pomegranate Hospitality works closely with the Shaya Barnett Foundation, which provides culinary education and resources to high school students.
If you are someone who is looking to be a part of an inclusive community of passionate hospitality professionals please apply via Culinary Agents or send your resume to Jessica Speight at [email protected]
Compensation: Salary ($85,000.00 - $95,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Restaurant Group, Fine Dining
Part of Pomegranate Hospitality
Safta brings you on a journey through food and beverage which pays homage to the culinary landscape of Israel. With influences that stem from the Middle East, Europe and North Africa, this menu reflects a collection of moments where food and culture have crossed paths, offering a taste of an ever-evolving cuisine. Wood fired pita bread baked steps from the table will soak up the flavors of Israel, Bulgaria, Yemen, Syria, Morocco, Turkey, Palestine and Greece.