Required Years of Experience
Maialino (vicino) brings the familiar trattoria classics of our Gramercy Park original to a new location at The Redbury, New York. Reminiscent of the relaxed neighborhood restaurants found across Rome, Maialino (vicino) is a warm and welcoming space, buzzing with the energy of The Big Apple and The Eternal City.
Who you are:
The Assistant General Manager is a trusted partner to the General Manager and provides leadership and support to the Service Managers and service team. The AGM is responsible for managing all facets of the Dining Room and Service operations at the restaurant and consistently looks for opportunities to grow our teams and provide memorable moments of hospitality for our guests. The AGM demonstrates a passion for service, hospitality, and sound business acumen to support with achieving business goals.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the General Manager to lead the service team in providing consistent, memorable, and outstanding experiences for our guests and stakeholders
- Eagerly seek opportunities to improve the guest experience with the ability to provide suggestions and action plans to the General Manager
- Provides feedback and guidance with excellence and hospitality in mind, ensuring that all team members have a pathway for growth and development
- Consistently looks for internal and external opportunities to build our growing team
- Fosters a positive, collaborative work environment for both the service and kitchen teams, ensuring clear communication at all times
- Ensures that the service team stays informed of restaurant and company-wide announcements and initiatives in a timely manner
- Completes assigned administrative responsibilities as directed by the General Manager
- Demonstrates experience in maintaining all aspects of operations, including HR related responsibilities
What we need from you:
- 3+ years of restaurant management experience in a similar environment
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- English fluency and Spanish preferred, but not required
What you’ll get from us:
- Annual compensation range of $75,000 - $85,000, including bonus potential*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Annual dining credit and 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected salary range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.
Compensation: Salary ($75,000.00 - $85,000.00)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
Reintroducing a taste of Maialino to New York City, Maialino (vicino) will bring the familiar warmth, energy and many of the beloved trattoria classics of its Gramercy Park original to a temporary location this Fall. Operating at The Redbury Hotel, just a few blocks north of its home, Maialino (vicino), which translates to "nearby,” will remain true to its Roman and Gramercy Park roots. Maialino (vicino) will occupy the former Caffé Marchio and Vini e Fritti spaces on 30th Street near Madison Avenue beginning Fall 2022.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K, flex pay, life insurance, employee dining program and paid vacation. USHG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.