Required Years of Experience
Reports to: Wine Director
Secondary Report: General Manager
Effective Date : Apr 1, 2023
Provide luxury service to guests seated at the bar as well as prepare beverage orders from service staff. The bartender must be creative and highly skilled in the preparation of cocktails, as well as be able to educate guests on our menu and restaurant concept. The bartender is skilled in the art of hospitality, and works to continually improve the guest experience.
The Bartender supports the Bar Director in all facets including but not limited to the following:
- Assist the Bar Director on the selections on the liquors used in the restaurant.
- Provide beverage service during the evening for guests, assisting with selections and providing personalized guidance, and executing the service of their choices.
- Assist the Bar Director to provide educational outlets and supplies for the FOH staff to enrich and strengthen their skills and knowledge.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
- Provide world class service according to the standards of the company on a nightly basis.
- Execute pre-service inventory, including the procurement and collection of liquors and products.
- Perform monthly inventory, with managing invoices, submitting inventory and maintaining the organization of the bar.
- Ensure guest satisfaction is always at the highest level.
- The ability to remember names and faces of regular guests — and greet them by name.
- Follow the steps of service and effectively communicate the concept and philosophy to all guests.
- Assist the management team with restaurant opening and closing duties.
- Assist guests with beverage selections and provide personalized guidance.
- Anticipate and respond to guests' needs in a respectful and timely manner.
- Assist every member of the FOH staff in all service facets.
- Maintain healthy and friendly relationships with all our providers.
- An extensive knowledge of cocktails and how to pair appropriately with each course.
- The knowledge of the menu and its nuances that can help guests with restrictive diets.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Reflect the Crenn Mission Statement and reflect the Crenn Values.
- Represent Atelier Crenn and Bar Crenn professionally through your personal appearance, communication, and respect for others.
- Take responsibility for maintaining a clean, neat, and orderly work environment. Use equipment, supplies, and other materials with a focused effort to reduce waste and increase safety.
- Demonstrate ownership of job responsibilities through focus, determination, and attention to detail with the goal of elevating the guest experience in every interaction.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge, working towards achieving personal fulfillment rather than public attention.
- Demonstrate a good attitude by working collaboratively with colleagues to identify positive solutions to problems or issues. Be open and receptive to necessary changes in priorities.
- Strive to elevate your personal performance and maintain the standards of quality.
- Welcome suggestions and new ideas as an opportunity to learn, grow and improve services.
- Ownership mentality — the same goals as the owner/operators.
- The ability to foster teamwork: must work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
- Bartending experience of 2-5 years.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Charming and well spoken.
- Customer focused, exceptional tableside service.
- Sense of luxury hospitality.
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Lead with an incredible business philosophy with emphasis on a positive culture, incorporating proven systems and implementation of SOP's.
- Values include honesty, a strong work ethic, and high moral integrity.
$24 - $28 per hour
Other jobs you might be interested in
2 Employee RecommendationsSee Details
Part of Crenn Dining Group